Which other meat (if any) do you mix minced venison with?

geoshot

Burgers with about 75/25% mix of venison and goose breast if I'm lucky enough to have enough goose which needs it, otherwise just pork belly/shoulder/bacon in place of the goose

Harry mac

I tried mixing muntjac with lamb, and the lamb over powered the muntjac. I like lamb, but I've not mixed them again.

gummy_bear

1 - venison and bacon for no1 burgers
2 - venison and cheap beef mince to get a bit of fat - general mince for lasagna, meatballs, etc
3 - venison and pork meat or pork belly for sausages

Olaf

I use organic back fat for making Fallow deer Salami, i think it’s a shame to use a lesser quality additive to the wild venison. I make a 30kg Salami batch after the first frost to avoid flies and it lasts until the next year including being given for lots of Christmas presents . It’s a long and relatively complicated process that is potentially difficult / problematic if you don’t use the correct quantities of things and curing salt. It’s all about being able to control the temperature and relative air humidity. I’m going to try some beef fat this year .
I find that for venison meat balls and Burgers the addition of some grated hard cheese to the mince - such as cheddar - is more than enough to make a great finished product.
I did however have a hankering for a Döner a few weeks back so minced a load of lamb breast from a lamb off the farm where i work from and mixed that in. It certainly works!
Kindest regards, Olaf

Robek1980

best burgers i have ever mage were from the off cuts of Roe and Wild boar mixed 1:1 (had 2 roe and a 80lbs boar one day .. what a day it was)

Olaf

best burgers i have ever mage were from the off cuts of Roe and Wild boar mixed 1:1 (had 2 roe and a 80lbs boar one day .. what a day it was)
Nice ! That’s about as good a mix as it gets I’d say.
You may already know this but other folks might not; but if you shoot a Big Boar ( called a Keiler in German) that stinks a Bit ‚gamey‘ shall we say , a method that my German family use is that you lay the meat in some buttermilk with a tiny pinch of salt and some bay leaves in the fridge overnight, it will tenderise the meat and draw out any unpleasant odour. The same works with rutted out Fallow buck meat Too. Obviously, discarding the buttermilk once you take it out.
Kindest regards, Olaf

Harry mac

I made a really small batch of burgers last week, for a teatime treat. 1lb muntjac mince, the meat squeezed out of 1x Cumberland sausage (Tesco Finest), the crust off a small loaf, 1x heaped teaspoon of pinhead rusk and about a quarter pint of water. I ran the crust and a handful of mince through the mincer to mix it, and then ran the whole lot through the mincer again. Then mixed it all up by hand with a good grind of sea salt and black pepper. Formed it all into 3oz patties and fried them.
Served up in brioche burger buns with a bit of fresh salad and a slice of "plastic" cheese. Mnom, mnom. The McMuntie.