Which rifle cabinet?

darkstalker

Looking for a 7-10 rifle cabinet. Needs to be deep enough for scoped rifles. Would be grateful for advice from people who use similar cabinets. Many thanks

JTO

Mine is for 15 guns, which means some have to be stored in the door. Not all are rifles, though. 9 slots across the back, with 6 in the door. With scoped rifles across the back, I can close the door with a Tikka T3X in the door with its Digisight and top-mounted T20. Designs have probably changed in the last 35 years!!!!!!!!

Zeissman

Have found these guys good in the past. My brother ordered from them and the cabinet was dented/scuffed on delivery but I think they sorted him out with a bit of discount. Mine is the 10 gun vault which fits 8 guns including three scoped rifles without too many problems. Could probably handle nine or ten if I were careful.

Gun cabinets, Gun Safes

kuksmith

I've always had BrattonSound in the past; supplied quite a few to shooters - good help and back-up, but Zeissman's link look VG indeed. I'll be taking a good look at them; helpful.

JTO

Have found these guys good in the past. My brother ordered from them and the cabinet was dented/scuffed on delivery but I think they sorted him out with a bit of discount. Mine is the 10 gun vault which fits 8 guns including three scoped rifles without too many problems. Could probably handle nine or ten if I were careful.Gun cabinets, Gun Safes
Looks like what I am looking for, to keep a complete F-Class rifle in.

amadablam

Using a Buffalo River gun safe for a few years and very pleased with it. Although it states 7-8 deep for scoped rifles, I don't think you could get anything near that in mine without fear of scuffing your guns or scopes. Fantastic build quality though. The come in a diamond series too and as big as you like.

flying felix

Some useful tips for buying gun safes:

1. Don’t trust the number of guns a safe says it holds, this is usually based on .410 O/U (only joking), but the spaces don’t take into account large scopes and bolt handles etc. Go on internal dimensions.

2. Size is everything, instead of deciding on how many guns it needs to hold, go for the largest safe that will fit in the space you have for it and how much you can afford. Remember buying more guns is easy, replacing a safe is a PITA.

3. More expensive doesn’t always mean that it’s the best choice for you. There are some very good cheaper, models that still meet HO standard.

4. If storing firearms always try and get one with a top box. Handy if you want to separate bolts & mags, and also when you find that odd round in your pocket whilst you put your gun away and already locked all your other ammo up in the ammo safe.

5. Look on eBay/ Amazon etc, sometime they offer the same safe but with free P&P.

6. There is no such thing as a safe being too big, everyone I know has had to buy more or larger safes over time, but none have ever said “I need another safe, there’s too much room in my current one”.

Lateral

Always used Bratton Sound, but switched to Mustang who have a much bigger range.

If you take the BS 7-9 (7 rifle, 9 shotgun) you will struggle to get 5 scoped rifles in, without either the scopes, or bolts rubbing together. And then, the foam is cut for 7, and is incorrectly spaced to get 5 in nicely.

Best suggestion here, is buy the biggest you have space for, and can justify the cost. As a rule of thumb, I would allow 70mm width per rifle, the divider can always be changed.

DAVIDAIKEN

[QUOTE

6. There is no such thing as a safe being too big, everyone I know has had to buy more or larger safes over time, but none have ever said “I need another safe, there’s too much room in my current one”.[/QUOTE]

yep! I'm on my third safe/vault! Mine is a 10 gun, no way can I fit in any more and I still have 5 more 'to acquire' on my ticket!

rodp

Talking to a chap today who's just applied for SGC, FAO came out for interview and told him he had to buy a new safe as the one he had only had 4 shoot bolts in the door. FAO says new West Mids ruling that there has to be 5 bolts in the door? Never counted mine to be honest.

jb1

Talking to a chap today who's just applied for SGC, FAO came out for interview and told him he had to buy a new safe as the one he had only had 4 shoot bolts in the door. FAO says new West Mids ruling that there has to be 5 bolts in the door? Never counted mine to be honest.
I would have invited him to open it and count the bolts.

Obviously without a key.

slider

Have found these guys good in the past. My brother ordered from them and the cabinet was dented/scuffed on delivery but I think they sorted him out with a bit of discount. Mine is the 10 gun vault which fits 8 guns including three scoped rifles without too many problems. Could probably handle nine or ten if I were careful.

Gun cabinets, Gun Safes
Be wary. I bought and electric clay trap from this company, which turned out to be faulty. had to chase numerous times to get it collected and returned ( took 3 weeks). it then took dozens more calls, messages , emails and eventually a threat of involving trading standards before I got a replacement another 6 weeks later. Heard similar stories from others