which trickler

oowee

I want to buy myself a trickler. They all look pretty much the same at different price points. Are they all similar?
Thanks in advance.

Effnjeff

I want to buy myself a trickler. They all look pretty much the same at different price points. Are they all similar?
Thanks in advance.

I have an RCBS and a Redding trickler both have their good and bad points.
The Redding is much heavier, which is a good thing as the lighter RCBS tends to skid away as the spindle is turned. Wierdly enough just this evening I melted half a tin of lead air gun pellets and poured them into the base of the RCBS to add weight.
The RCBS is a bit taller and the spindle has a longer reach, both of which are useful.
The Redding is still new, but I’m finding that powder sticks to the inside as if statically charged. I don’t remember the RCBS doing this.
The jury is still out on which is better, but if the RCBS is now heavy enough then I will prefer it.
BTW I regularly load 50+ cartridges at a time on a tuned balance scale with camera on the pointer that shows movement with individual grains of powder. Spoon tapping and pouring would be way to slow for me.

Last edited: