Which way?????????????

finnbear270

To turn up volume, or turn up light intensity on a dimmer, which way would YOU turn the switch / dial ?
to the right, or to the left ?, I must be losing it I got it properly wrong in the case of an item from Mr Zeiss!:doh:

jthyttin

Mr. Zeiss got it the other way around, the explanation is something like "because the symbol moves you should interpret the illumination level from the perspective of stationary mark on the scope body". Of course he forgot to put the mark on the body so you have to imagine that...

We're talking about Varipoint etc. right?

Last edited:

finnbear270

Mr. Zeiss got it the other way around, the explanation is something like "because the symbol moves you should interpret the illumination level from the perspective of stationary mark on the scope body". Of course he forgot to put the mark on the body so you have to imagine that...

We're talking about Varipoint etc. right?

Nope, Diatal, reticle illumination, .... Dozy bugger (Me), trying to light up the ret, furiously changing batteries & turning in the direction of increasing ramp slope ..... Nothing, Nada, till I turned it fully backwards in the direction of least paint marking on the dial!:doh:, Presto! light!