Whisky

dunwater

Yep - all my very recent best friends tell me that too……
🦊🦊
Sell it on flea bay, you should make a tidy profit, take whatever your happy to spend on something to drink to the local whiskey mongers emporium and put what’s leftover in your pocket.
If you do decide to drink it, the box is worth a few bob on its own.
Slainte.

Foxyboy43

Sell it on flea bay, you should make a tidy profit, take whatever your happy to spend on something to drink to the local whiskey mongers emporium and put what’s leftover in your pocket.
Slainte.
Good advice thank you D. Sadly there is the “Mrs FB factor” to be reckoned with in said advice ……..
🦊🦊

Fair Hill

Slainte.
I got 75 euro for an empty 1993 box that was storing packets of fishing hooks a good few years ago, I probably didn't pay much more for the bottle of liquid gold when I bought it.

It's all about fellas trying to amass the full collection from 1984 on which will sell for serious coin, there are a few years that are especially hard to find at auctions and a lot of people short the same just one or two bottles to complete the collection.

Dingle whiskey is the hot product for collectors lately.

dunwater

Now then, call me old-fashioned but when did that ever feature in a marriage? Perhaps you inadvertently put a space between “in” and “action”?
🦊🦊
Mrs D and I have always done it. We both get to put aside a few bob for personal use. In earlier years it often ended up siphoned into school fees and leccy bills but it worked often enough that we stuck with it.
Every now and then I get a new toy, every week she gets a new hair do or handbag and shoes.
It would be both un-gentlemanly and suicidal to compare accounts.

Foxyboy43

Mrs D and I have always done it. We both get to put aside a few bob for personal use. In earlier years it often ended up siphoned into school fees and leccy bills but it worked often enough that we stuck with it.
Every now and then I get a new toy, every week she gets a new hair do or handbag and shoes.
It would be both un-gentlemanly and suicidal to compare accounts.
Excellent! I must run that past the current Mrs FB particularly your last line.
🦊🦊

Scapegoat

All you peaty malt lovers, get yerselves to Lidl or Aldi. Both stores do single malts, and the Islay Malt versions (Glen Marnoch at Aldi and Ben Bracken at Lidl) are truly excellent for the money. Either will cost you around 17 quid a bottle. I love a Laphroaig 10 or an Ardbeg 10, and can honestly say that the two £17 bottles from the above stores are up there with the best of them.

Next, all you Highland Malt fans ..... get yerselves to Aldi or Lidl........ Both stores do an excellent Highland Single Malt. In fact I'll stick my neck out and say the Lidl Ben Bracken Highland Malt is a better bet than many, many aged favourites like Highland Park, Glenfiddich or Old Pulteney. Treat yourselves........

They also do a Speyside. I haven't tried it so can't comment....... but I reckon at £17 a bottle it's worth a punt........

Hod

All you peaty malt lovers, get yerselves to Lidl or Aldi. Both stores do single malts, and the Islay Malt versions (Glen Marnoch at Aldi and Ben Bracken at Lidl) are truly excellent for the money. Either will cost you around 17 quid a bottle. I love a Laphroaig 10 or an Ardbeg 10, and can honestly say that the two £17 bottles from the above stores are up there with the best of them.

Next, all you Highland Malt fans ..... get yerselves to Aldi or Lidl........ Both stores do an excellent Highland Single Malt. In fact I'll stick my neck out and say the Lidl Ben Bracken Highland Malt is a better bet than many, many aged favourites like Highland Park, Glenfiddich or Old Pulteney. Treat yourselves........

They also do a Speyside. I haven't tried it so can't comment....... but I reckon at £17 a bottle it's worth a punt........

I’ve tried all three lidls offerings. The islay version maybe the least ‘competitive’ imho, but in a blind taste test I seriously doubt that all but the most experienced whisky connoisseur would be able to place them as anything other than one of the field against your Glen morangie/fiddich etc (all of which I like).

I’ve been using camelcamelcamel.com to monitor the prices of my favourites on Amazon, when they drop to my desired price (usually in the £25-30 bracket) I pull the trigger. It’s excellent for any Amazon item as the prices fluctuate constantly.

Current favourites are old pulteney 12 and glenfarclas 10. Old pulteney was £24, stocked up on that one!

Rake Aboot

I'll try most tbh.
I like the TCP drams but a nice light Speyside is equally welcome.

I'm also not shy about adding water or ice. Lots of Whisky needs it.
I quite like Black bottle as a daily cooking Whisky.

Foxyboy43

May I, on behalf of the SD dipsos massive thank you sir for the extensive swallying research you have clearly undertaken in this important, nae quintessential area of man’s endeavours. If I may quote an old toper politician “”Never has so much been drunk by so few”. I know that you, and indeed I, squeak wif some aufority in this masher and I can nearly only say fank you, you’re my friend. Now please take me sick I’m home……
🦊🦊

williamwansbeck

Had this bought as a retirement gift ,has sat in bottle last 8 years ,opened a few weeks back , was told it was rated a world best as voted for, and yes its v good but its still Ardbeg for me. 20220526_193643.jpg