Why does the open with safari/tapatalk thing come up now?

deeangeo

Is this issue virus related or can I do something on my ipad to prevent it happening?
Anyone able to help please?

deeangeo

Don't know why it started doing this in the last 24 hours....never did it before. Very frustrating.
Doesn't do it on my desktop PC

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
It’s part of the Tapatalk add-on (it’s an app that’s meant to make it ‘easier’ on phones to join in).

It shouldn’t come up every time. Do you login every time? Are you blocking cookies?

As stated in the other thread, I can’t turn it off, it won’t let me! I could remove the add-on but at the same time I have people using the site through Tapatalk.

Do I remove it, or keep it. :)

Sonicdmb73

It’s part of the Tapatalk add-on (it’s an app that’s meant to make it ‘easier’ on phones to join in).

It shouldn’t come up every time. Do you login every time? Are you blocking cookies?

As stated in the other thread, I can’t turn it off, it won’t let me! I could remove the add-on but at the same time I have people using the site through Tapatalk.

Do I remove it, or keep it. :)
I have had the same thing. But it seems to be random. I might go through four or more pages of “new posts” reading one to two per page and it happens once. Then next time I look at it not at all.
I’m using my iPhone and it’s updated the other day.
To be honest it doesn’t really bother me, its only a click to get rid of it.

deeangeo

Seems to have stopped doing it now.
I didn’t do anything & it only happened on my ipad, but isn’t occurring now.
Mystery!

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
I’ve made a change (about lunchtime today) by hacking the code behind it... if it doesn’t do it at all for the next week we’ll call it a success! :D