Wierd scope rings

plonker

Evening all,I have recently purchased a marlin rifle which came with leupold std bases and std rings with screws to adjust windage.Looking at the rings I assumed they were 1",but having just tried a 1" scope in the rings I found it doesn't fit as it's too big???
Measured my 1" scope and it was roughly 25.23mm,measured the rings and they are roughly 24.55mm.Has something gone wrong with the rings or did they use to make wierd size scopes.
Any help appreciated in getting to the bottom of this!!
cheers all
dave

Evening all,I have recently purchased a marlin rifle which came with leupold std bases and std rings with screws to adjust windage.Looking at the rings I assumed they were 1",but having just tried a 1" scope in the rings I found it doesn't fit as it's too big???
Measured my 1" scope and it was roughly 25.23mm,measured the rings and they are roughly 24.55mm.Has something gone wrong with the rings or did they use to make wierd size scopes.
Any help appreciated in getting to the bottom of this!!
cheers all
dave
Think I have just found the answer:rofl::cuckoo:
Didnt realise they did scopes like 1x4x24 or 1x4x20 even!
dave

Think you might find they are for older scopes that used to have a 25mm tube as opposed to 1" which is 25.4 mm

I'm slightly confused Plonker are you saying that the rings are too large for your 1" scope or the scope is too large for the rings?

If the rings are too large they could be 26mm rings which is the old size that European scopes were before the manufacturers decided to standardise on 1" which as you say is 25.4mm.
If they are 26mm rings by any chance I have a set of 1" rings that I would be very happy to swap you for them.

View attachment 51085View attachment 51084
I'm slightly confused Plonker are you saying that the rings are too large for your 1" scope or the scope is too large for the rings?

If the rings are too large they could be 26mm rings which is the old size that European scopes were before the manufacturers decided to standardise on 1" which as you say is 25.4mm.
If they are 26mm rings by any chance I have a set of 1" rings that I would be very happy to swap you for them.
Hi 8x57, my 1" scope is too big for the rings!
look at the gap on the underside of the scope,the top fits snug so I'm beginning to think the rings have both been deformed some how?

There is often a bit of spring in this type of ring, is it possible that you are just afraid of forcing it slightly?
I don't mean really forcing it just applying slightly more pressure, they have to a snug fit after all.

Back