Winterwatch 2022

Klenchblaize

Just a wee heads-up for those interested in the great outdoors and wildlife therein:

Winterwatch returns on Tuesday 18th January at 19:00hrs on BBC2.

Chris Packham and Michaela Strachan visit Wild Ken Hill in Norfolk, where thermal cameras reveal animal antics after dark. Iolo Williams witnesses eagles and otters on the Isle of Mull, and Megan McCubbin watches the season unfold at WWT Castle Espie in Northern Ireland, where swathes of winter waders are seeing out the season. No mention of Gillian this year.

Enjoy!

K

Dumb downed shite fronted by an enemy to wildlife. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I doubt the wildlife concerned are troubled by our (arguably understandable) prejudices.

Ditto the camera persons responsible for some frankly awesome footage.

Put another way I have no intention of allowing the oft’ annoying Lead Presenter to lessen or indeed compromise my enjoyment of programme content.

K

Last edited:
Getting very bored with the increasing use of sterile thermal, and notwithstanding that on one level it is clearly insightful.

I also feel CP (BBC Winterwatch) should be made to provide a clarification in the matter of a decline in Bewick’s swan numbers. Specifically that we do not hunt swan in the UK! Something the less than attuned viewer could be forgiven for considering otherwise unless you carefully review the relevant dialogue between CP and Lee Marshall in last night’s program at the 22:55 point.

K

Back