Wish me luck, I'm being filmed stalking tmoro!!

stratts

As a result of the bursary scheme and the filming of my DSC1 simulated stalk by the Fieldsports TV guys, they have arranged a stalk for me tmoro which is to be filmed as part of the whole piece. The idea being they film my stalk and refer back to the scheme and the previous assessment footage when they do the final 'cut'. They have something else in mind that I don't know much about to make it more interesting apparently too! :???:

Should be fun!! :D

mereside

good luck make sure you have your tin hat with you as you will need it with all the comments that will come , hope you have a successfull day .wayne

Spix

Best of luck, Mark, enjoy your day.

V light winds tomorrow, film crew won't get away with being noisy underfoot !

stratts

Well unfortunately it didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped after all the build up!! It's all been a great experience and i've learnt alot in a short space of time, but I realise I have so much more to learn which will only come with practice and experience on the ground!!

​It's going out a week wednesday and should make interesting viewing!!

paul o'

looking farward to the show , i spent 7ish hrs in a high seat waiting for boar :zzz: all i got was a gnat bite on me thumb so no hunt can be that good everytime you put ya boots on , take what you can out of it and move on to the next one :tiphat:

Last edited:

stratts

I'm also looking forward to seeing it but am going to wait until i get some reactions before doing a full write up about the whole experience. It will be interesting what you guys have to say, good or not so good!! ;)

It will also be interesting to see how they edit about 10 hrs of time spent with them, albeit not all filming, down to 4-5 mins for the show!

seibassman7

Stratts

just read your DSC1 blog - a reall goood read. Thanks for putting in the time to do it, very enjoyable. All the best with your future stalking. Regards Matthew.

Last edited:

activeviii

It happens, not a good feeling but with a little luck or bad luck that one will carry one to tell his gran kids about his encounter with the famous white hunter called 'Stratts'

I take it you were on the right on camera as the angle of the bullet shows in the film, it looks as if it was over and there was no body movement from the pricket so a clean miss.

You will be in your mankini next to Gilchrist in the hide before you know it.