wooden high seats

tika.308

just wondering if any one out there has any idea where i might find some info on building a wooden high seat.four of us have just taken on a bit of ground for this coming game/duck season for a few walk rounds it has no deer on :cry: :cry: but the farmer is pestered with charlie as he keeps alot of free range hens/turkeys so we are thinking of putting a couple of high seats up.i could do with diagrams/measurements.thanks tika.308

nuttyspaniel

Im in the same boat, but Ive seen free standing seats which I think I will measure as I think they are superb.

nutty

stone

hi tika
when you come back over to me bring a note pad and pen so while i am looking for deer you can write down the measurements of my wooden one , you already know it is comfortable as steyr243 prooved
awake he said
my ares

stone

sorry all my seat was taken from a plan that charles fenn gave a detail description of in the shooting time a few years ago , just i made a few adjustments to suit the timber available at the time , good solid highseat , take some nicking

scotsgun

I'd also be interested in viewing the plans.

How can i get a hold of them? I could convert them to CAD and then they could be used as a resource by the group.

Marc

stone

scotsgun said:
I'd also be interested in viewing the plans.

How can i get a hold of them? I could convert them to CAD and then they could be used as a resource by the group.

Marc
i shall try and dig them out as i specialy kept these so i could use it again , but knowing what the mother inlaw is like she probaly has used it to light the aga with, she's like that :lol:
so i would not hold my breath waiting for them , if i can find them i will post them for you, best i can do i am afraid

Beowulf

Stone mate, I've been in your highseat remember? I must say mate that I'd have been more comfortable crucified to the tree! :lol:

stone

that explains it then
i always wondered why you were hanging around in that tree as the highseat was in the next one up
next you will be telling me you can walk on water :lol:

Beowulf

No unfortunately that's where my divine powers end. :( Although I have a singing voice that would bring down the walls of Jerico. It depends how drunk I get at Quex as to whether I will unleash my rude sea shanty medley. ;)

stone

all i can say sanders is
charles fenn mark 2
not sure where you will hang the crucifix for when mrB comes down :evil:

scotsgun you now hav a picture just need some dimensions

not sure of all the bare ground at the bottom of the seat sanders ,is there a ritual that you are hiding from us before you climb up :lol:

sandersj89

stone said:
scotsgun you now hav a picture just need some dimensions

not sure of all the bare ground at the bottom of the seat sanders ,is there a ritual that you are hiding from us before you climb up :lol:
Hmm, will try and get out with the tape measure, though as a rough guide 2 people can comfortably sit up top, must be about 1.6 / 1.8m wide.

Bare ground......that will be thanks to the bullocks, a real pain, sneak up into the seat and then have 30 of them follow you over to moo at you, how are you meant to disappear!!!!!

stone

15 pairs of bullocks to hand
that is quite a feat :lol:
sorry jerry that is a bit much :oops: but you did leave your self wide open :lol:
it's good to know even though you run your own site you still hav time to enjoy this one,
please except my apologies
ATB
stone

sandersj89

stone said:
it's good to know even though you run your own site you still hav time to enjoy this one,
No need to apologise!

I have to say I do enjoy this site and not just due to the help/advice I have recieved, some members here have leant me equipment and resources to help me through my recent DSC1 and I have also had an offer of a roe stalk.

There is also a nice vibe here, especially compared to some other deer forums I have seen in the past. I know little about stalking at the moment but have learnt a fair bit by simply reading here.

At the end of the day, a forum is just that, a forum, but if the membership make that little bit of an effort it becomes a community, as it is here and my site.....I hope!

Jerry