WTF

PHS.1952

I live in a small Rutland village tucked away in the corner at the end of a quite narrow lane, So what happened at 8pm yesterday was rather unexpected o_O P1010543.JPG P1010552.JPG P1010553.JPG P1010546.JPG P1010547.JPG

Last edited:

bfltd0

Hmmm.

That car carried on a lot longer than I would have expected. Must have been travelling at quite a lick.

Was the driver otherwise engaged?

PHS.1952

Hmmm.

That car carried on a lot longer than I would have expected. Must have been travelling at quite a lick.

Was the driver otherwise engaged?
Occupants 4 lads ( I'm guessing in there early 20s ) Satnav was telling them to carry on straight ahead :doh: Like you say they must have been flying, Contact and insurance details supplied and police in attendance

Bavarianbrit

There was an old American that came back to Bavaria to revisit his WW2 route and he had brought along his original war map and he used it to navigate, wrecked the rental car though.

Oh6

Occupants 4 lads ( I'm guessing in there early 20s ) Satnav was telling them to carry on straight ahead :doh:
Are you sure that it wasn't @Foxyboy43 on his satnav guided mission to not be late to lunch with his in-laws...

Foxyboy43

Are you sure that it wasn't @Foxyboy43 on his satnav guided mission to not be late to lunch with his in-laws...

On a point of detail and to preserve what little dignity remains. It was Mrs FB who plotted the course on her satnav on her phone and she drove all 60 odd miles to the 30 odd miles destination in her car - you get the drift. I did in fact tell her she eas going the wrong way (Inverness not Dundee) and for an awful moment I thought she heard me!
Thanks for the endorsement though. 🦊🦊

• Haha
Reactions: Oh6

bfltd0

Occupants 4 lads ( I'm guessing in there early 20s ) Satnav was telling them to carry on straight ahead :doh: Like you say they must have been flying, Contact and insurance details supplied and police in attendance
Hopefully tested for alcohol and drugs.

The driver, not the police.

Overlay

On a point of detail and to preserve what little dignity remains. It was Mrs FB who plotted the course on her satnav on her phone and she drove all 60 odd miles to the 30 odd miles destination in her car - you get the drift. I did in fact tell her she eas going the wrong way (Inverness not Dundee) and for an awful moment I thought she heard me!
Thanks for the endorsement though. 🦊🦊
Hahaha 🤣

my wife left at 10.00 to go to Richmond in London to see the outlaws a hour and 10 min Journey at the most, turns up at 12.30, enquiring on the time the journey had taken, “ don’t like sat navs they keep talking, so I switched it off and drove into central London until I found the Thames and turned left and drove around until I found somewhere I knew” 1:20 mins on the time it would take normally. I rest my case :doh:

enfieldspares

Before the days of SatNav I had a driver once who told me he'd once had a job where he'd lasted but two hours before being sacked. By mobile telephone no less!

He'd been told to go from his place of work in London to collect "some VIPs" from Leeds Castle. Two hours and his in vehicle mobile rings.
"Where are you?"
"Not far know....just passed Sheffield...."
"Turn round. Now. Come back immediately to London. Your P45 will be waiting."

Cootmeurer

At my previous farm we had 1/4 mile of dry laid stone fence (Side note - after the civil war all the Scots craftsmen in Kentucky had a hard time finding apprentices, so they took on freed slaves, so much of the stone fence in the famous bluegrass horse farm area of Kentucky was laid by them)

Our farm was also on the first straight away coming out of town, a place where passing or racing often started. Awoke one night to hear a revving engine. Came out to find a car in the yard. Called the police, they promptly arrested the driver for Drunk Driving. He wanted to evade the scene, but that is rather hard when the stone fence has removed your driveshaft and part of your transmission housing.