yuokn photon zeroing options ?

exmarksman9870

I will be looking into picking up a yukon at kelso for rimfire work,,,,only problem i have with them is that the cross hair is not central to the image ? am i correct in thinking this,,, has anyone used the adjustable mounts to zero them, i dont like the idea of off centred reticules.

Any help mostly appreciated cheers

Raygreen

Hi ,

I have been using the photon xt on my ruger or a few weeks , I sighted mine in at the indoor range it was a little strange as you move the reticule to match the impact point , when you turn the unit back on the cross hairs are still centre but with the impact point moved , hope it makes sense :)

regards

ray

Raygreen

I never had anything to do with the first model so can't compare the two , I find it good for rabbits out to about 50 /60 , one of the guys at the gun club has the doubler on his and it makes it 100% better not just for the magnification but for the clarity , I use mine on a set of QD mounts and switch between it and a normal scope depending on what I am doing , all in all I would say for the price it's a good buy

Ray

exmarksman9870

Hi ,

I have been using the photon xt on my ruger or a few weeks , I sighted mine in at the indoor range it was a little strange as you move the reticule to match the impact point , when you turn the unit back on the cross hairs are still centre but with the impact point moved , hope it makes sense :)

regards

ray
Hi, so if i understand you correct,,when the unit is turned back on the reticule re centre, and you still have a full sight picture ?? no need for adjustable mounts then ? i was also going to fit it to qd mounts,,cheers m8

private fraser

Hi Ray,
What qd mounts do you use on what rifle please?.
I am looking to do the same re a tikka t3.
QD mounts can be expensive though and after buying the scope and may the doubler...

Raygreen

Yes , it's exactly the same as a normal tele sight with the exception that sighting in method is different , I had the pach the rear of my mount a little as the movement is limited , however it is in the centre , I'm just outside Morpeth if you wanted to have a look etc

ray

bobjs

This is nice to hear, I'm also thinking of dropping one,of these with a doubler on a new to me small cf rifle and leaving it as my nv rig,

I must admit I have been a bit sceptical about this wee scope but I think it's the way to go without breaking into the wife's hand bag,

Bob

Last edited:

Raygreen

I'm just using a cheap set that I bought off eBay ( don't have a make on ) and the apear to work fine , I fitted a pic rail / weaver rail from tac Fire to my 1022 , the only mod being I milled a couple of new referance slots as I could not get the correct eye relief , I have swaped between the nv and the scope a number of times and the zero is constant , but I have heard of other people that have not had much success with the cheap mounts !

Ray

exmarksman9870

I am really struggling to get an answer to why they recommend using adjustable mounts...I messaged scottcountry and they say you dont need the adjustable mounts but why do they have a video link...whats the big bloody secret...is the field of view lost when the cross hairs re centre or something....??? Just want to know all the facts before i buy one...

Raygreen

I think one possible reason that some people may need to use adjustable mounts is that the movement on the reticule is not a massive amount , when I had standard mounts on mine I had to pack the rear mount with a "shim " as I could not get enough vertical movement , I changed the mounts for the QD ones and did not have the issue.

Ray

Wsm

On all the ones I've handled the crosshair can end up off centre when zeroed and certainly doesn't come back to centre after saving

Hence why everyone seems to use adjustable mounts to keep the image more or less centred on the mounts and only slight adjustment is needed on the crosshair

exmarksman9870

On all the ones I've handled the crosshair can end up off centre when zeroed and certainly doesn't come back to centre after saving

Hence why everyone seems to use adjustable mounts to keep the image more or less centred on the mounts and only slight adjustment is needed on the crosshair
Wsm is that new xt model..?