Z6 Ballistic Turret

Jager SA

As above, those of you who use it, does it work and what are your experiences of it's accuracy please???

​Thanks

PointBlank

Only used mine once whilst out stalking, generally at the ranges I want to shoot I would have preferred some hold-over marks as I end up compensating myself as I never have time to faff about with it.. I can see its place if you shoot at long ranges but for me it is a bit of a waste.

provider

Its a good system and works well once set up for your ammo type/weight etc. Its just the same as a target turret but you do not have windage turret. The windage turret on the scope does have a zero stop on it but its not really designed as a target turret.

nuttyspaniel

Im ruuning a Z3 with the ballistic reticle. I looked at the Ballistic Turret but thought the BRX reticle would be less hassle. No need to change turret settings just point and shoot. So far Ive had excellent results out to 300 with my shots landing around an inch away from POA.

Nutty

I. Farticus

I looked into the BT but went normal with BR reticule and have spent time at the range to write up the blobs and lines...

This works for me as I only use the one ammo, but would look at it again if i were to adopt a couple of additional weights, so that I could have different zeros for each weight (even at different distances) then combine that with a BR reticule for the distance work

Jager SA

Ok, I've just watched another YouTube clip with the use of swarovski custom ballistic turret and again the parallax ring was set at 100 when he aledgadly shot to 300 and 600... I'm not sold, the BR ret is winning ATM.

smullery

Ok, I've just watched another YouTube clip with the use of swarovski custom ballistic turret and again the parallax ring was set at 100 when he aledgadly shot to 300 and 600... I'm not sold, the BR ret is winning ATM.

Jager SA,

The parallax dial is nothing to do with the BT. I have two scopes with BT and no Parallax turret. It's something you can order if you want it.

​Stan

I. Farticus

Jager SA,

The parallax dial is nothing to do with the BT. I have two scopes with BT and no Parallax turret. It's something you can order if you want it.

​Stan

Stan

Correct, the parallax is nothing to with the BT turret, but it's EVERYTHING to do with parallax surely!!

I always correct the parallax on my scope as it gives the sharper view that I need when whacking targets 100-600yds

Cheers
iain

Jager SA

Stan

Correct, the parallax is nothing to with the BT turret, but it's EVERYTHING to do with parallax surely!!

I always correct the parallax on my scope as it gives the sharper view that I need when whacking targets 100-600yds

Cheers
iain

Thats my point, you can't see S*it at 300 let alone 600 if you don't adjust the PA, wtf was he shooting at? I know what parallax does just amazed me that neither video showed them adjusting it!

nuttyspaniel

The brx is the way forward. If you want parallex then go above 12 power.

Nutty

ziggy

to be honest I normally forget to adjust the parallax and have shot to just over 400 with it no worries

diverdave

I have a Z3 on my 22, with the ballistic turret set at 50, 75 and 100mtr. I have found it to be bang on, basically point and shoot at all 3 ranges. It took a bit of setting up, i did it with the Hawke optics app, and calculated the drop at the 3 ranges, and dialed this in. I then trialed it and found it was out by a click or two at each setting, after initially zeroing at 50mtr.