ZCO 5-27

Jax

Snap. I’m surprised that the ret is useable at low mag being FFP. I’ve yet to find fault with it other than the the scope doesn’t come with sunshade or decent lens protectors.

I too have used rings instead of a monomount. The monomounts I tried we’re all stupidly high. I have medium tier one rings. I have ARC rings on another rifle. They are good rings. Their 30mm rings are the lowest rings I could find on the market

MarinePMI

Snap. I’m surprised that the ret is useable at low mag being FFP. I’ve yet to find fault with it other than the the scope doesn’t come with sunshade or decent lens protectors.

I too have used rings instead of a monomount. The monomounts I tried we’re all stupidly high. I have medium tier one rings. I have ARC rings on another rifle. They are good rings. Their 30mm rings are the lowest rings I could find on the market
Yes, I was initially a bit put off by the lack of supplied scope covers (especially considering the price), but MK Machining 3D prints some very nice ones for an affordable price.

As to the available 36mm mounts, I share your....frustration. Fortunately for me, this scope is intended to go on an AT-X (when it arrives) which sits lower in the chassis, and has a barrel bridge for NV, etc.. So, the 1.5" height will actually be a benefit in that case. As 36mm tubed scopes become more available/popular, I think (like everything else) the market will fill the void.

caberslash

Couple of questions @MarinePMI

Does it 'tunnel' on low mag?

Is the windage and elevation lockable somehow?

Does the illumination dial not get in the way being on the parallax dial? Seems like an odd location and I presumed it was usually a cost saving measure on cheaper scopes.

How does it compare to a Kahles?

MarinePMI

No tunneling that I can see.

Yes, the turrets lock by pushing down (much like a Vortex Gen II Razor).

No, the illumination dial is fairly unobtrusive; again similar to Vortex and Burris.

Blows a Khales out of the water (as well as S&B, Vortex Razor/AMG and Nightforce). Tangent Theta might be a hair more crisp in the "pop" factor, but not $1000 more "pop" (honestly, they're so close it's really personal preference). Khales always had that CA fringe that drove me nuts (kinda like the Burris glass), especially in snow covered terrain (like the Nebraska Big Horn Steel match I shot a little over two years ago; where my avatar photo was shot).

ZCO is definitely a Tier 1 scope...and the MPCT 3 reticle is very well thought out. It's there with all it's ticks and measuring devices, but somehow seems uncluttered. Probably largely due to the 0-2 Mil hold overs being minimal (no line, and just full Mil circles). I like the circle whole Mil marks; makes it easy to hold onto the target, without obscuring it. A shooter definitely designed the reticle.