• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Swap: Zeiss 10x36 for 3-9x36

nurek

I have a Zeiss Diatal-C 10x36, duplex with AO from 40yds and would like to swap for a Zeiss Diavari-C 3-9x36 from the same period (80/90s).

Straight swap if anyone is interested.

My scope is in good used condition, few marks on tube here and there as you'd expect (they also marked easily), glass is unmarked though and the scope is very clear.

Thanks!

scrumbag

Hi Nurek, not looking to swap but have two 3-9x36 Swarovski Habicht scopes I'd be willing to sell. Drop me a PM if interested

nurek

Hi Nurek, not looking to swap but have two 3-9x36 Swarovski Habicht scopes I'd be willing to sell. Drop me a PM if interested
Thank you for the offer Scrumbag, I am specifically after the Zeiss though...

I am interested in buying one as well as swapping, if anyone has one.

PKL

Nurek - I used to have what you're after..couple of things
a. the occular housing is excessively large for the objective size, so you can't really get it low enough to take advantage of it being a x36, unless your bolt handle is a very flat 60 deg. bolt throw
b. the eye alignment is awful in this scope, you have to be very close to the scope, and have your eye perfectly ligned up or you will get shadows and obscured visison..I think the occular lens is very convex perhaps?

for low recoiling rifles where you have time to lie still, they're ok..if you are on sticks or anything where your head isn't dead still, they're hopeless.

I've had a love/hate relationship with this scope for years,,I finally decided it was a hate relationship..LOL

Now I only use one, which has been my only hunting scope for virtually my entire stalking career..a vintage zeiss 4x32 :)

If I was you, based on a lot of experience with this scope you're after..sell your 10x36 on ebay to the States where they will pay over the odds for european gear, and then buy Scrumbags 3-9!

The zeiss is on a 26mm tube as well I'm quite sure, which 'can' be a pain depending on how expensive mounts you're using or willing to use.

Hope this helps, it's meant as helpful comments only.

nurek

Thanks for the info PKL, the 10x36 is almost identical to the 3-9 dimensionally, but I want variable mag...

I have 3 off 10x36, so I get your love/hate description and I guess I like them :)

I believe they are all 1" tubes as they were originally made for the US market, later replaced with the Conquest range, but x36 have T* coatings.

Sika98k

There is a Zeiss Diavari, the old model, for sale on eGun.de. Last saw it at €234 with Apel rings.

PKL

Thank you, I'm watching it, it's on 250E at the moment with a few hours left...

Any ideas what these Apel mounts will fit?
Haven’t looked but almost guaranteed to be their pivot mounts, so just need eaw pivot mount bases which are bailable for all rifle makes virtually