Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50. What height optilock rings?????

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...

270Buck

Hi,

I am after some Optilock 30mm Extra Low rings, preferred in blued but would consider stainless.

I will also post this in WANTED section, but the reason I am asking in general is, has anyone else used Extra Low rings for a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 on a Tikka T3??? I want the scope to be as low to the barrel as possible.

Please PM me if you have any Optilock 30mm Extra Low rings.

Cheers

paul o'

you got a new toy as well lol , i am looking for med in weaver QD for mine only as all my rings are in 1" optilock ex low -med- high and warne med and ext high QD'S in 1" need 30's
i,v had no replys from the guys ,so i'am gonner take both to my gun shot and have a look there .

Ollie

I have mine in low and have a small amount of clearance, I wanted the extra low but heard on a low mag you see the mod while looking into the scope

joe soapy

Just a thought, since barrels used to have a dovetail cut for the rear sight,could a relief be made to allow a low scope mounting?

Milligan

Just a thought, since barrels used to have a dovetail cut for the rear sight,could a relief be made to allow a low scope mounting?
I think you'd have to weigh up the risks and benefits. Taking a perfectly good shooter and grinding the barrel isn't without a chance.
Conversely, what are you really gaining by having the scope 1/4" (or less) closer to the bore especially with the cheek positions of most modern stalking rifles?

PSE Composites Limited