Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 illuminated or Delta Optical Titanium 2.5-15x50 HD SF?

angusb1

Which of these two would you choose? The Zeiss would be second hand, about £480 and the Delta would be new, about £100 more. I'd use it for stalking deer in woodland and in fields at the edge of woods, and on the open hill. Not planning to use it for anything past 300yards at the very most.

Tempted by the light weight of the Zeiss and the 10 year guarantee of the Delta. I've heard really good things about both so could I have your opinions/experiences please?

wytonpjs

I started with a non-illuminated Duralyt after I passed DSC1, then found an as new bargain illuminated Duralyt that I could not resist and I ran both on my .243 and .308 as I progressed through my DSC2, only selling both when my partial retirement mad money allowed me to buy both a Thermion and a dS. I sold both Duralyts on but would it surprise you to hear that I have just bought another illuminated Duralyt to fit to the .243? They are cracking scopes, lightweight, good in low light and easy to operate. I know which one I would go for if I was you provided you can find a well-loved one😉

Overlay

15 x mag will come in handy are they illuminated or standard reticules, zeiss are always a good buy, but a decent guarantee and new would have the edge i think

I run a zeiss and a swaro but my go to scopes are S&B Zeniths in FD7 I love em, they are just the job for me

try both of them if you can

angusb1

Both illuminated. I'm leaning towards the Delta for the warranty. It's a tricky choice as I've got no experience of either and Google finds lots of good reports about both.

Sierra

Both are good scopes.

Can you have a look through either to see how you feel looking through them?

My personal thoughts would sway towards the Delta, but I would be using a rear add on for the foxes as well.

Steve29

I have both of these scopes, well, pretty much - my Delta is the 56mm version.

The zeiss came first and is excellent. I would have bought a second one when I needed another scope (without illumination as I never use it) but wanted something that would work with an NV add on, so went for the Delta instead.

Both are excellent scopes, but if I had to choose just one, I’d go for the Delta.

I struggle to say exactly why - I actually wrote Zeiss first! 🤦‍♂️ On balance though I just find the Delta a bit better to look through - the image is a little crisper and I prefer the slightly finer reticle. I think you would be happy with either though.

angusb1

Cheers @Steve29

Good to hear from someone who has both. I like the Delta with the finer reticle, the 4A S rather than the thicker 2D, I'm guessing that's the same reticle you have?

Finbarn

I have the delta on two of my rifles & one of them replaced a zeiss conquest dl - all illuminated reticle. There isn’t much to choose between them.

The zeiss has no parallax adjustment which makes it more practical when zooming, as there’s no need to adjust the parallax.

But you need parallax adjustment for good performance with a night vision add ons (I use a Pard) & this was the reason for my swap from zeiss to delta.

For me this was the only differentiator between them. As Steve29 says - you’d be happy with both.

Cyres

I have a Zeiss Diavari and a Delta and to be honest the optics on the Delta are all but on parr to my Zeiss. The Delta is a very good scope. Huge FOV on low pwer and nice illumination.

D

scrumbag

I've been using an ulluminated Duralyt 3-12x50 for coming up on 10 years. Very good scope, held zero even through multiples flights to go hunting.

Don't know about the Delta but if I could buy another Duralyt, I would.

Scrummy

Kernow_Stalker

Bit late for my input here seeing as you have already purchased. However I have owned both scopes, I have and still use the Delta. The Zeiss was very good, but for me personally the delta is better in almost every way, other than being a big brand name!

angusb1

Cheers, although I've bought my scope it's good to hear people's opinions who have used both as I often find this kind of thread useful when I'm researching something I'm thinking of buying.