Zeiss or Schmidt and Bender?

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

Gm81

At this level and money. You have to go and look. It’s down to your eyes and what you like.
Then the finer details like finish, reticle and turret styles.
I don’t think any one would blame equipment in either brand.
For me. I went Zeiss.

dunwater

Hi gang! im changing the scope for my 6.5, i have a burris on it at the mo, but withthe dollar being low now i think il go for a more expensive model, which of the above is better? or are they both equally as good? im leaning more towards the zeiss....
Be careful. I have a Zeiss conquest bought in America and its not covered by the Zeiss guarantee in Europe.they say it's a us only spec and they can't get parts.
I can send it to the USA for repair but it can't be mailed back.

deeangeo

Zeiss are good, but after sales service much poorer than either S&B or Swarovski (Service 2nd to none).
Of the two, S&B either Hungarian or German every time.

Koenig

I like my S&B 8x56mm (H) for UK deer type stalking. As previously said, it’s really and I mean really well put together. You’ll be thankful of this if you drop it or ding it. My stalking buddy uses a Zeiss (variable) which he rates highly, that said he does a lot of longer range stuff in RSA. This is where the Zeiss comes into its own more. I am confident out to 200+ metres with the S&B which I think is all you really need unless in the Highlands. In practice this means minimal holdover etc which makes for simplicity-which is good in my view.

nathan83

11 year old thread and if he got an S+B then its probably out of warranty, remember the S+B hunting scopes only have a 10 year warranty so not always the best buy (although Ive got 2)

deeangeo

11 year old thread and if he got an S+B then its probably out of warranty, remember the S+B hunting scopes only have a 10 year warranty so not always the best buy (although Ive got 2)

Really? I didn’t know that.
But they still service them FOC and only charge for parts if required. .. ?

nathan83

Im not sure exactly how it works now, I think the PMII has an even shorter warranty period, if buying second hand its worth emailing them to ask how long the warranty is

User00003

Really? I didn’t know that.
But they still service them FOC and only charge for parts if required. .. ?
I doubt that tbh! I'm quite sure it's pay as you go...I still think S&B are the top of the industry's list fwiw, and why wouldn't you pay for servicing, I can't imagine someone taking their car for servicing after 10 years and expecting the garage to do it FOC!!!

Cyres

If it is still for sale on here a Zeiss Diavari 6/24/56mm illum. Absolutely superb bit of glass with stunning optics. Sadly no longer made. For bomb proof built then a S@B PM 2.

Must say if budget is tight then a Delta Titanium is the scope to buy.

D

JH83

Schmidt easily. They don’t throw money into ‘pro hunters’ or host giant press events, they rely on reputation to sell their products. A friend is an army officer and said he saw one dropped from a helicopter from height and was functional, and kept zero. That’ll do for me! I’ve had several, currently on a 4-16 Klassik.

PSE Composites Limited