Zulus

The ballistic calculations are out for me by about 2mil dots more holdover needed at 75 yards than the suggested Zulus aim point with the attached table settings uploaded to my Zulus. It’s quite a margin out and I believe all the input is accurate. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong ? Am using 35 MOA rail.

Attachments

• IMG_3723.png
    IMG_3723.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3722.png
    IMG_3722.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
The ballistic calculations are out for me by about 2mil dots more holdover needed at 75 yards than the suggested Zulus aim point with the attached table settings uploaded to my Zulus. It’s quite a margin out and I believe all the input is accurate. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong ? Am using 35 MOA rail.
Need to confirm some data with you.

From what you have entered looks like a .20 calibre air rifle pellet? If so, which one? Is your rifle FAC? From the parameters you have inputted, the rifle is doing around 21.3 FPE at the muzzle, does that sound right?

Use G1 instead of G7 for the drag function
If you're using an IPhone, there are known errors in the ballistic calculation

Cheers

Bruce

Use G1 instead of G7 for the drag function
If you're using an IPhone, there are known errors in the ballistic calculation

Cheers

Bruce
Great news - ballistic calculation errors on the Iphone! I’ll write that down in case I can’t think of any other excuse for missing….
“Yes, I know darling, the record button is so very easy to find and it really is a fantastic picture and so very clear - that little aiming point is such a boon too, how could I possibly have missed? Damn that Iphone’s BC error….”
Wot? Wot?
🦊🦊

The Arken guys developing and updating the ballistic app are pulling their hair out trying to get it to work with IPhones :)
I understand that Apple frequently release updates to the firmware for the phone and are less than forthcoming about what goes on "behind the scenes" with those updates and they frequently cause problems for many third party apps such as those produced by Arken

Cheers

Bruce

The Arken guys developing and updating the ballistic app are pulling their hair out trying to get it to work with IPhones :)
I understand that Apple frequently release updates to the firmware for the phone and are less than forthcoming about what goes on "behind the scenes" with those updates and they frequently cause problems for many third party apps such as those produced by Arken

Cheers

Bruce
Fruit growers....what do they know about phones...

Hmm.
I zero my triple deuce at 100yds and have done since forever. After a whole week my Zulus seems fine thus far with my Iphone though I have only tested BC zeroes at 50 and 100 but last night I shot a fox at 160 yds using it. That said the difference between 100 and 160 with God’s own chambering ain’t much!
Maybe I am just lucky but it will be range-proofed at 200 and 300 this weekend…
🦊🦊
IMG_3404.jpeg

Hmm.
I zero my triple deuce at 100yds and have done since forever. After a whole week my Zulus seems fine thus far with my Iphone though I have only tested BC zeroes at 50 and 100 but last night I shot a fox at 160 yds using it. That said the difference between 100 and 160 with God’s own chambering ain’t much!
🦊🦊
View attachment 365213
You forgot didn't you 🤭

Hmm.
🦊🦊
View attachment 365213
Please do share your findings.

Sorry to interrupt but I went out yesterday evening to test my unit. Its fine, it was me worrying for nothing.
That aside I took some videos. The performance of these wee units is impressive.

On sunset.

After sunset.

Even darker and further.

Excellent footage Smelly!
Now I know you are not a fan of PiP but not having a 9 year old to tell me I have just discovered that if you use LRF/BC and the PiP window the Zulus puts the PiP’s crosshair on the BC-calculated zero rather than just mirroring the main crosshair - works really well on 5x - gives a wide field of view and PiP is at 10x - damned clever.
🦊🦊

Excellent footage Smelly!
Now I know you are not a fan of PiP but not having a 9 year old to tell me I have just discovered that if you use LRF/BC and the PiP window the Zulus puts the PiP’s crosshair on the BC-calculated zero rather than just mirroring the main crosshair - works really well on 5x - gives a wide field of view and PiP is at 10x - damned clever.
🦊🦊
Tried it Foxy, didn't like it.
I didn't have it on glass scopes but did have other aim points or stadia.
Without pip seems more natural to me.

Back