178 ELD-X Reload Swiss .30-06

2428 miles

Hi all,

I'm looking to work up a new load for my .30-06 using Reload Swiss powder.
The projectile is the Hornady 178 grain ELD-X
Anyone have any advice and experience re which powder from their range to go with?

It seems RS60, RS62, RS70 & RS80 are all potential contenders.

Thanks in advance,
Miles

8x57

Distinguished Member
The Reload Swiss reloading data book suggests that RS60 and RS62 are highly recommended for .30-06.
RS52 and RS70 are only marked as being recommended, there is no suggestion of RS80 being suitable though they do list some loads for that powder with 185 and 200 grain bullets.

paul o'

RS62 is working well in the 280 ack imp from tests so far its on par with the IMR4350

paul o'

I sent an email to swiss on there powder range giving them both the load data barrel twist fps etc that I was getting with my old powder imr4350 and requested data with in the same spec , and they came back to me with a full work up use'g RS62 that being the best choice ,
i'v just given them three sets of data loads for my sako 243 requesting the same but this time using three types of bullet , I was happy to have a email informing me along with 3x sets of data sent back so I can now use the same powder in the .243 , IMO there service is spot on .

2428 miles

Any one got more information on this looking to try 178gr eldx in my 3006
Hi,
I ended up going with the RS60 in the end.
My Tikka .30-06 seems to like the 178 ELDX and with the RS60 it's putting a nice tight group down at just shy of 3,000fps.
I developed this load mostly for Stags on the open hill but I have shot a couple of roe buck with it lately and it's performed flawlessly!
I was concerned at closer ranges it might either explode on the outside shoulder (something I have experienced with 168 Nosler Hunting BT, as similar speed) or pencil straight through without expanding. Thus far i have been delighted with its performance and I know some Kiwi mates have also said it's been brilliant on a range of game at different ranges.
Hope that helps!