300 WM sauer 202 or Blaser R8 or ?

topscots1

I am in the market for a 300 wm, primarily stalking and some Eastern Europe hunting. Now the question is to I go for a sauer 202 or add a barrel to my R8. The purpose of the R8 was to scale down rifles the sauer however is a work of art. Suggestions other options welcomed.

Markfox

If you own an R8 already, getting a spare barrel will be cheaper, dont forget the bolthead and mag

plumber01

go for another rifle if you can afford it, i have a couple of Sauer rifles, and really like them, changing barrels sounds like a good idea, but its a pain in the backside, and you have to re sight scope etc
when you add bolt, barrel , mag etc, its just easier to pick up the right gun for the right job , good luck !

Rasputin

go for another rifle if you can afford it, i have a couple of Sauer rifles, and really like them, changing barrels sounds like a good idea, but its a pain in the backside, and you have to re sight scope etc
when you add bolt, barrel , mag etc, its just easier to pick up the right gun for the right job , good luck !

thats not necessarily true can take my scope of my R8 22/250 put on 270 or 6.5cm and there’s no noticble difference at 100 yards and if you have another scope with quick release it’s even easier. Get another r8 imho

stubear

I recently bought a S&L with two barrels and I love it, however I am now thinking about getting an action for the spare barrel I have so I can just set everything up and not have to fart about swapping bits around when I go to the cabinet :-|

Personally I would get a completely new rifle if you can afford to. Then theres no risk of zero being out (and yes, I know the Blaser system is exceptionally good but personally I feel more comfortable having zeroed a rifle on the range and then not doing anything to it after that) and you're not going to drive all the way up to Scotland only to find that you've got your Win Mag bolt but your .22-250 magazine.