6x47 Lapua

Chops

Folks,

Anyone used or heard of anyone using one of these for Roe?

I am think about moving away from my win243, and I fancy another 6mm round like the 6x47 lapua; but getting much data on it is proving hard...

FPS & thus ft.lbs looks OK from what I have seen but confirmation of this would be ace prior to spend hard earnt cash!

Thanks

Chops

Hiya
Its the newest wonder calibre in benchrest,can do no wrong...I was going to get a 6x47 barrel for my savage,had a dummy cartridge for the throat,but never took the plunge.
MARK

Mark,

I have taken the plunge - hopefully get my Sako back within the next couple of weeks - if Avon and Somerset every return my FAC!!!!

Dies arrive this week - I already have the brass, bullets and powder. Hopefully I will find the time to get test rounds made up and ready to go...

Have found out a little more info since I posted this originally - I should get 3000fps+ with a 105gr bullet! More than enough :evil:

I will let you know how it goes...

Cheers

Chops

Hiya
Please do.Whats the availability of 105gn amaxes?I bought 2 boxes a couple of weeks ago just in case they are the last boxes i see for ages.
MARK

Mark,
Whats the availability of 105gn amaxes?

I tend to shoot Berger 105gr / 108gr VLD's. Generally I get them from Midaway, though I have just picked up 200 from Bushwear of all places, and they were cheaper!

Midway do carry Hornady A-Max's but I have always tended to stick to what I know. That said, it will depend on what my new barrel likes :D

Chops

Back