BASC Council - changing the tone

CarlW

Hey gang,

I'm pretty sure you would all agree that our countryside way of life is under greater threat today than it has been at any other time in living memory. Many of us are dissatisfied with the muted and deferential response of our largest shooting organisation to this threat.

As a result, a good number of you have left BASC and joined other organisations. I have considered doing so myself, but - on reflection - I do not believe that further fragmentation of our ranks is a winning strategy. We already have a large shooting organisation and it contains a number of dedicated and hard-working people. I think we need to make it work for us.

To do this, we members of the Stalking Directory (whom I find, generally, to sit at the more militant end of the shooting-politics spectrum (myself included)), need to get our own representative on the BASC Council.

After some pleading from me, our very own @kes has agreed to rejoin BASC and to stand for council if sufficient numbers of us commit to supporting him. I think we are privileged to have a candidate of such intelligence, knowledge, industry and passion who is willing to represent the views of shooters. I will vote for him in a heartbeat.

To gauge the level of interest in supporting this effort, please would you express your thoughts by reply below.

And note, this ain't just for current BASC members: if you left them, then I beg you to rejoin. We need to get a more aggressive voice on that council.

Kindest regards,

Carl

FrenchieBoy

I have to agree with your post Carl and Yes I would support Kes, but why are we seeing so many BASC bashing threads when it is not only BASC who seem to be letting the shooting community down. Where are the voices of the likes of SACS and all the other "shooting organisations" when issues arise which threaten the shooting community and their sport (Cancelling the Liverpool Shooting Show is just one example)? We don't hear very much (If anything) from the other shooting organisations but they do not seem to get the abuse that BASC are. I'm not saying that BASC are not letting their members down, in fact it seems clear to me that they are, but surely all of the other shooting organisations are just as guilty of letting their members down when they do not appear to try to fight against these issues that effect all of the shooting community, we don't seem to hear any more from them than we do from BASC so why are members of SD just picking on BASC?

Tim.243

You can't fit a square peg in a round hole........
With all the best will in the world from those who I have met and dealt with on a few issues in BASC you need to be a company man.......

So my first part stands.

Tim.243

CarlW

I have to agree with your post Carl and Yes I would support Kes, but why are we seeing so many BASC bashing threads when it is not only BASC who seem to be letting the shooting community down. Where are the voices of the likes of SACS and all the other "shooting organisations" when issues arise which threaten the shooting community and their sport (Cancelling the Liverpool Shooting Show is just one example)? We don't hear very much (If anything) from the other shooting organisations but they do not seem to get the abuse that BASC are. I'm not saying that BASC are not letting their members down, in fact it seems clear to me that they are, but surely all of the other shooting organisations are just as guilty of letting their members down when they do not appear to try to fight against these issues that effect all of the shooting community, we don't seem to hear any more from them than we do from BASC so why are members of SD just picking on BASC?
Thanks for agreeing to support @kes , @FrenchieBoy . Let's do the other argument on one of the (many :D) other threads about BASC. Keep this one about 'Kes for Council!' :cool:

merlin

You can't fit a square peg in a round hole........
With all the best will in the world from those who I have met and dealt with on a few issues in BASC you need to be a company man.......

So my first part stands.

Tim.243
...and a lot of companies these days apply the principle of "disrupt the norm to progress". So let's a have a spot of challenging the status quo (nowt against the band!), and get the needed progress. Because it is needed.