Binoculars

monarman

smart move there! i've never bought from the U.S so please keep me informed as to total cost, might be the way to go in future.
I have however bought stuff from N.Z mainly jackets and it,s got to be said the savin is massive, sometimes less than half price and they make some good gear too.

My suggestion about aquiring an slc rainguard actually applies to most binos even the minox, would be a tenner well spent. :D

Thar

stephen magson said:
I have however bought stuff from N.Z mainly jackets and it,s got to be said the savin is massive, sometimes less than half price and they make some good gear too.
:D

Swazi and Huntec jackets hung up in my hall, ;) my mate imports the Swazi gear and some other N.Z. appearel.

I will let you know how I go on with the bins from the US.

Best regards

Thar

(Formally known as Bambi Basher)

monarman

Your mate Rob the plumber?

Swazi is good stuff but being a southpaw them bloody great chest pockets would be in the way!

Huntech stuff i like :D :D

Thar

stephen magson said:
Your mate Rob the plumber?

Huntech stuff i like :D :D

Thats him, small world Steve, out with him tomorrow night, 7 of us stalkers meeting up :lol: might be one or two shaggy deer stories told.

I picked my jacket up from the factory shop in Upper-Hut, if you want to see a bit of taxidermy good place to visit.

Thar

(Formally known as Bambi Basher)

PS Here is a taster of what you can get from the US for £250.

NG-BINOCULARS-W-CAMERA-MINT_W0QQitemZ130080987512QQihZ003QQcategoryZ31711QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thar

Thanks to Stephen and Cal

8.5X43HG Minox arrived today and look really good. :D

Thanks for the advice.

Thar

Robin Hood

You will be happy with the Minox, I have a pair of 10x52BR and can't fault them. I've compared them to Kahles, Ziess and Swaro and they are every bit as good.

RH.

fullbore

I have a pair of Leica Geovid 8x56 with the rangefinder I don't find them at all heavy, the optics are wonderful, and when out stalking with a friend who was using swarovskis, he had given in a good 20 minutes before me

2428 miles

Now all you boys have the good stuff, but being a student I couldn’t afford a pair of the Swarovski’s. I spent the best part of a day at the game fair year before last, just looking at optics. I ended up coming home with a pair of Bushnell Legend 8x42.
Now, not many people have a terribly high opinion of Bushnell and nor did I. However I use mine permanently and I am seriously impressed.
Bought for £200 they are a fraction of the price of Swarovski’s and yet the difference in quality is very marginal.
I was in Canada this summer and one of the other hunters had a pair of 10x42 Swarovski’s. we swapped binos for a day and yes of course they were better quality and gave better clarity and detail in the picture but not £600 worth better.
If you are a bit strapped for funds I seriously recommend at least having a look through a pair.

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Have to agree. I have a pair of Bushnell, 9x42, that my wife bought for me about 15 or 16 years ago. I think at the time there were £300 ish. I have used them ever since, they live in my car wedged between the seat and centre console bit. They are the only pair I use, I could if I wanted, and may do yet, buy myself a "named" fancy pair, but as 2428 miles pointed out I cannot see the extra £6-700 worth of value. Maybe if I was a proffesional stalker, but for my use they will do.

John