Wanted: Devon Stalking/Shooting opportunities

Yearling

Evening all,

I know this is probably a bold shout but I have just got into this sport and am keen to start doing more and am struggling with the door knocking that I have done so far!! :oops:

I spend most of my time down in Devon and was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who wants a hand on any farms down that way. I am more then happy to lend my hand to anything, stalking, pigeons (although I appreciate Devon has a pigeon shortage), rabbits etc. I can even do some unskilled labour as payment and am more then happy to travel a sensible distance and work some long nights on the foxes. I've got a DSC1, insurance, my own rifles/shotguns and am currently serving in the military so am not a complete liability (promise) but if anyone wants to take me under their wing I would be much appreciative.

Regards,

Tim.243

Evening all,

I know this is probably a bold shout but I have just got into this sport and am keen to start doing more and am struggling with the door knocking that I have done so far!! :oops:

I spend most of my time down in Devon and was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who wants a hand on any farms down that way. I am more then happy to lend my hand to anything, stalking, pigeons (although I appreciate Devon has a pigeon shortage), rabbits etc. I can even do some unskilled labour as payment and am more then happy to travel a sensible distance and work some long nights on the foxes. I've got a DSC1, insurance, my own rifles/shotguns and am currently serving in the military so am not a complete liability (promise) but if anyone wants to take me under their wing I would be much appreciative.

Regards,

How does you door knocking approach go....?

Tim.243

Yearling

I try and understand what the land owner actually has on his land, crops, livestock etc and pitch it towards the likely things they have which will be causing them issues. Dress smartly in jacket and sometimes a tie, have a letter printed out and should they be interested I can hand it over with my details and qualifications etc. Avoid key pinch moments such as harvest when people are likely to be even busier than they usually are.

As far as I'm aware I've been doing it correctly but most people apparently already have someone regular or people pay a fortune to do it. I can't argue or match either of those things unfortunately.....

Was this the answer you were expecting or were you preempting a tribute to the shining and demanding unequivocal rights to shoot on their land.

Tim.243

I try and understand what the land owner actually has on his land, crops, livestock etc and pitch it towards the likely things they have which will be causing them issues. Dress smartly in jacket and sometimes a tie, have a letter printed out and should they be interested I can hand it over with my details and qualifications etc. Avoid key pinch moments such as harvest when people are likely to be even busier than they usually are.

As far as I'm aware I've been doing it correctly but most people apparently already have someone regular or people pay a fortune to do it. I can't argue or match either of those things unfortunately.....

Was this the answer you were expecting or were you preempting a tribute to the shining and demanding unequivocal rights to shoot on their land.

No not at all, just wondered how you went about it?

On the times I have gone in cold will have been when the birds are actually eating crops which I have found the best lead in as if you have seen them, they will have also.
I ask to go for just one day (the next day) offering only my sgc and insurance….

Hope you find some shooting..

Tim.243