Excessive dribbling

6points

Iv got a lab cross and he occasionally dribbles a bit when foods about standard thing really but in the last couple of days on a couple of occasions he has just had it continuously dripping from his mouth for quite a while at a time literally a drip a second no food involved to the point iv put a cloth under him he was sick last night but eating fine still any suggestions what's causing it

Tim.243

Iv got a lab cross and he occasionally dribbles a bit when foods about standard thing really but in the last couple of days on a couple of occasions he has just had it continuously dripping from his mouth for quite a while at a time literally a drip a second no food involved to the point iv put a cloth under him he was sick last night but eating fine still any suggestions what's causing it
Vet,s for a check...best just see what they say.

Tim

potshotpat

riddicks got it, check it's not got a bone or stick across the top of it's mouth. Good luck.

Idlemusket

I would suspect a tooth or tongue problem especially if you notice an eye watering as well, I had a similar symptom with a springador that I hesitated, getting treated, as luck would have it he broke a tooth which I had extracted soon after, it was only the fact the vet xray'd the jaw that picked up an abscess

James0586

It may be a sign of stress, is it happening in the same environment? Scenario etc? Worth a thought.

6points

I did wonder about that but nothings changed for him and was happening in my house were he's relaxed hasn't happened for a couple days now so hope it's sorted itself out