Game Fair.

UK Outfitters

MAH

Will we have any in 2021?
I miss them.
Do you think anything like normal, will be restored ?
M.

Pedro

The big game fairs like they used to be maybe a decade or more ago I do miss. But even then, one year to the next was a bit same-y. So I'd go every two or three years. But anyway, over time, they deteriorated greatly and game fairs like that, I don't miss at all really, because I stopped going.

Maybe there'll be a reboot when we are all immunised from you-know-what and loads of retailers will have lots of stalls to sell the wares they haven't been able to shift in lockdown at good prices and there will be a mile long gunmakers row and...and...Oh. I've woken up now.

lochty

I didn't go to the Scottish one at Scone last year, and unless it changes markedly, won't be going for the foreseeable. Too samey and expensive.

willowbank

According to press releases preparations are in hand for the 2021 Game Fair at Ragley Hall in July .......

Sounds optimistic but I like to think it might happen.

Willowbank

Tim.243

Will we have any in 2021?
I miss them.
Do you think anything like normal, will be restored ?
M.
not for me game fairs, too much stuff priced like it is a bargain. Food is way over priced with the usual couple walking around in matching leather hats with a lab looking like it would have its own poo bags lol

willowbank

Yes I tend to agree with you but treat it as a day out with friends, it’s really what you want to make of it.
I for one will be looking forward to meeting up with mates for the day, let’s hope this virus can be got under control and we can all get on with the lives we knew. 👍

Willowbank

Uncle f

Well the shooting show are asking for trade stand deposits for April. Apparently the deposits are refundable if covid stops it. However one very large importer I know very well has said that they won’t be there as the deposit is not the issue but if it goes ahead (which is unlikely) are there going to be restrictions on the amount of people allowed to attend on any one day? Will it be limited to a few hundred per hour? Will anyone have any money to spend? Will anyone have any confidence to go?
All seems so impossible to even conceive currently I’m afraid.

AGR

I've always enjoyed the Shooting Show but probably won't go to a gamefair unless I'm looking to buy a hot tub.

• Haha
Reactions: pux

enfieldspares

As a fellow member noted overpriced food, stuff that is priced as it is a bargain but isn't an "gunmakers' row" is just an offence under the Trades Descriptions Act. OTOH if I want jacuzzi hot tubs, investment opportunities and be able to do and see everything that available for shooting in fifty minutes and then go home lead on...

pux

I agree with with the above ref how bad the shows have become with “bargains” and hot tubs! But I still enjoy the local one to me. Get to catch up with friends normally and have an overpriced beer & burger.

Robs

Can any member recall an actual bargain purchased at the Game Fair? I did get some free, shotgun cartridges and coarse fishing floats and a catalogue signed by Ivan Marks (match fisherman). However I believe that particular Gamefair was held at Welbeck in 1980.

David.evans

Robs
You bring back some great memories for me I used to fish welbeck back in the eighties of the dame wall and had some great days on the tench I’d give my right arm to fish there again

willowbank

Great memories of early days game fairs with father and uncles, entering gundog scurries etc.
All seemed more ‘agricultural’ back then with proper demonstrations of many of the long gone country ways.
I feel a little sorry for young shooters who have missed out on so much.

Willowbank

CDSG Shooting Sports