Hi From Chippenham, Wiltshire

tjm160

Hi, my name is Tim and I'm from Chippenham in Wiltshire. I've been recommended to the forum by Welshwarrior, from whom I have recently purchased my second rifle and met via Pigeonwatch. I have shot smallbore and fullbore since 13 with the Army Cadets, through 14-years with the reserve forces and have held a shotgun certificate since 14. I finished with the reserve forces 8 years ago when my daughter was born and with the kids now a little older I have returned to shooting privately this year. I secured my firearms certificate earlier this year and presently hold a .17 HMR and .22 LR. I plan to add a .223 dedicated foxing rifle next, although have always intended to progress to deer in due course and so am contemplating submitting a variation for a .243 to save adding yet another rifle later on.

Welcome to the SD ,sounds like a plan to me there are plenty of cal options for the deer rifle the SD could help decide .good luck
​norma

Thanks for the welcome all and if choice were the only consideration I would tend towards .308 norma. Old habits die hard :) Indeed, I think I'm leaning towards proceeding with the .223 and looking at .308 in a few years time when ready to progress to deer. However, no rush and will be mulling over for some time yet.

Hi tim

have you visited country pursuits in cricklade yet? The owner, Wilf is an oracle of knowledge reference deer stalking and a nice fella to business with. I will shortly have a .223 for sale which may interest you its a tikka 595 which belongs to my old fella. He no longer uses it. It is completely original and unmolested and been lucky to fire 100rounds in it life.

atb

​jason

Thanks gents and indeed Moonraker, trying to find additional permissions is proving "interesting" ....... "you're the x this week" :D

Thanks Jason, I haven't but will make a note to drop in when next passing. Thanks for the kind offer, if Synthetic and you still have around April next year I would certainly be interested. However, having purchased 3-guns this year already, patience is in order if I desire to remain married ;)

Thanks gents and indeed Moonraker, trying to find additional permissions is proving "interesting" ....... "you're the x this week" :D Thanks Jason, I haven't but will make a note to drop in when next passing. Thanks for the kind offer, if Synthetic and you still have around April next year I would certainly be interested. However, having purchased 3-guns this year already, patience is in order if I desire to remain married ;)

you are not wrong! Got to keep her on-side:D

Back