Wanted: Looking for land to stalk/manage Aberdeenshire,Scotland

JJMICHIE

Hi I am looking for land in Aberdeenshire to stalk/ manage deer. I’m 27 and keen. I’m happy to share as I am inexperienced and also looking for a mentor. If you know anyone that fits the description let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

Malxwal

Welcome, and good luck in your quest. A lot from Aberdeenshire around here, but finding ground is hard work. Best be prepared to visit many a farm, offering your services to control vermin and hope to get a foot in the door that way.
All the best !

Ray7756

JJ welcome to the forum and be prepared for a long wait before you find what you are looking for,,, as Malxwell says ,,,be prepared to visit many a farm to offer your services as vermin control, to hopefully " get your foot in the door" invest in a half way decent pcp air rifle and some kind of night vision as rat control inside buildings is a good way to get a start, also helps with pigeon control inside buildings
Good luck with your search
Cheers
Ray

Auroch

I'd second what others have said about pest control and building relationships with farmers - it's hard work and knock-backs cab be a bit demoralising but as soon as you have permission to shoot one farm I've found you'll often pick up others nearby. Good luck.
David