Northants Chief Constable tells porkies

Pete1774

Northants Chief Constable claims he was a Royal Navy Officer and served for 10 years when in reality he joined as a seaman and left after less than 2 years.
He also was caught wearing a Falklands war medal, even though he was only 15 years old at the time of the conflict.
Stolen Valour is bad enough when its some deluded fool turning up at the local remembrance day parade with a fake gong, but a Chief Constable doing it is a sure indication that this person is not only ufit to be a CC but unfit to be a Police Officer. One wonders if there's more to be discovered about his past.

Northants Chief Constable claims he was a Royal Navy Officer and served for 10 years when in reality he joined as a seaman and left after less than 2 years.
He also was caught wearing a Falklands war medal, even though he was only 15 years old at the time of the conflict.
Stolen Valour is bad enough when its some deluded fool turning up at the local remembrance day parade with a fake gong, but a Chief Constable doing it is a sure indication that this person is not only ufit to be a CC but unfit to be a Police Officer. One wonders if there's more to be discovered about his past.

Not the first senior copper to tell Pork pies and get caught out - wont be the last either !

Take his FAC off him for that......

Back in the early 90s I worked in Liverpool,as a copper and we had a proper Walter Mitty called PC Ted McGee who had a similarly colourful past claiming to have been SF and involved in various nefarious activities. We all knew he was a bullsh*tter of the highest degree, but enjoyed his tall tales as he relayed them with such conviction and did no harm to the public, as supervisors had locked him away from them and had him working in an admin unit.

I thought the system had uncovered all the ‘characters’ and expelled them. There are however, still lots of kn*bs in senior posts (as in most organisations), but fact that one can make his way to lead a medium sized geographic force is quite scary.

Total lack of respect for the man, and with any luck will be stuck on for malfeasance in a public office.

... and we wondered what sort of leadership lead to a force whose Firearms Licencing Dept could easily take 9 months to process an FAC variation ... (I kid you not)

The man isn't worthy of his uniform OR his salary.

In the late 1970s when I was of a mind to join the boys in blue, the checks were extremely thorough. As was the initial training at a regional training centre.

Now I wonder if the checks and enquiries to become a police officer are a couple of levels down from, for example, someone wanting a shotgun certificate.

Having said that, you get the Walter Mitty types in all walks of life. Some are always bound to slip through. I suspect we all come across them.

As for me, I won a Victoria Cross at Agincourt.

Claimed 10 years service, didn't last 2 .Whilst supposed to be in the navy was actually running a pub 🙃.
He couldn't lie straight if you ran over him with a road roller.
The press are having a field day he is using the famous defence " no comment ".
Background checks completed by M.Mouse and D .Duck esq 🤔

If the evidence is as compelling as it appears to be, the man is a complete liúdramán! If he has a bit of ability (presuming he must, to have reached such a significant rank in any police force) why on earth would he tell such astounding falsehoods. Being a commissioned officer is significant in any armed service, one could never mistake it for being one of the enlisted. Claiming 10 years, having served only 2, the mind boggles. It is all so easy to check, the services keep very good records of such things, simple to verify. :-| It speaks poorly of his honesty, integrity and judgement. Were I a veteran of the Falklands Campaign I should NOT be amused.

If the evidence is as compelling as it appears to be, the man is a complete liúdramán! If he has a bit of ability (presuming he must, to have reached such a significant rank in any police force) why on earth would he tell such astounding falsehoods. Being a commissioned officer is significant in any armed service, one could never mistake it for being one of the enlisted. Claiming 10 years, having served only 2, the mind boggles. It is all so easy to check, the services keep very good records of such things, simple to verify. :-| It speaks poorly of his honesty, integrity and judgement. Were I a veteran of the Falklands Campaign I should NOT be amused.
When the press get to work they'll probably find he had claimed to be in the SBS, a Colonel in the Queen's Cookery Rifles and a hero of the 13th Foot & Mouth Regiment

Back