Plinking Project Complete - 10/22 Target Tactical

dlz90

I hope that was a joke.

Well actually I was at the time, but a friend of mine bought the tactical and its a cracking wee rifle and very accurate, in fact I was more tempted a week after writing that post when my "trusty 1417" let me down would you believe the "legendary Anschutz trigger" broke a piece part no 003592 catch link to be precise waiting on it coming in from Germany at the minute, the aftermarket support from Anschutz is crap I will be charged for this part and then have to fit it myself no easy task or pay a gunsmith to fit, it if they really value their customers this should have been replaced FOC at least, so the rifles 8/10 years old but I have never abused it and only fired maybe 1000 subsonic Winchesters from it in all that time shame on you anschutz maybe that ruger is starting to look more appealing after all.

D

dodgyknees

Well that’s disappointing to hear @dlz80. I still wouldn’t recommend a new 10/22 though, after your Annie bolt gun I’d put my left nut on you being disappointed with accuracy. Get a CZ if you want to change. I am flabbergasted at how accurate they are, be it in 452, 453 or 455 form. Sure I am new to them but the CZ .22LRs I was using earlier this year, amd the one I’ve recently bought, have totally reinvigorated my interest in rimfire. Sorry to the OP for being a spoil sport, as I said on CarlW’s thread I do like the 10/22s and they certainly have their place, they’re just not in the same class as a good bolt gun unless they are basically modded to a point that they are no longer a Ruger.

dlz90

Well that’s disappointing to hear @dlz80. I still wouldn’t recommend a new 10/22 though, after your Annie bolt gun I’d put my left nut on you being disappointed with accuracy. Get a CZ if you want to change. I am flabbergasted at how accurate they are
The CZ are one of the very best rifles ever made unreal reputation I have owned them in the past I also prefer bolt action rifle to be honest, now your getting to be a bad influence :lol:

D

dlz90

First off my apologises to the OP for derailing this thread, update on my Anschutz got and fitted the replacement part yesterday boy was it a fiddley operation, anyway got the rifle up and running and I it shoots better than before the trigger has much cleaner break to it I cant help thinking the part replaced was faulty form the off with this rifle, any thoughts of changing this wee annie have now left me I will just keep it and enjoy the small package and excellent handling which are the 1417s best attributes.

D

willyroe

No apologies required gents - discussion is healthy.

I acknowledge preference or manufacturing rationale, but how is a bolt action more accurate than a semi? Motion or movement form the more aggressive bolt cycling? Mine really his pretty good and accurate. No spraying!

Fabnosh

My 10/22 was the first rifle a ever bought and I've had to for probably a little over 30 years now and I shudder to think how many rabbits have been taken with it. It's very much a love hate relationship though. It's a bit like children when they are playing nicely they are fine but...........................

It's convenient to have in the cabinet but, after decades of use, I'd struggle to understand why it would win out over any of the excellent bolt actions on the market these days.

FN

foxdropper

If anybody has an unhealthy interest in the 10/22 lol,and has a CZ to swap it for pm me .Im sure in capable hands and a few searches it could be tuned but to me it’s an irritation that I can well do without .Rabbit numbers are on the up here but due to lack of confidence in the ruger ,they will have to wait til I get a CZ .