Quality aftercare from Edinburgh Rifles

David N

Ed does it again.

What makes a good service is not the easy sales but ones that need good communication and quick resolution.

Ed sold my a CZ mag for my hornet. He dis not realise there were 2 types and the one he sent did not fit. I sent it back and before I could call him a packet was on its way to me with a replacement mag that arrived today.

No messing just problem sorted. I bought my Tikka off him 3 yrs ago and had excellent service it looks as if he has continued with his excellent customer care.

Thank you Ed

It's probably because he is so busy he hasn't sent me the data for my 30-06 using 130grn 150grn and 180grn non lead bullets I bought from him some months ago.

I have spoken to him and told him the e mail came through muddled so he said he would run off copies and post them to me. I gave him my address again and have sat back since.

Ed and team and busier than they can handle, simply due to their great service and subsequent demand. They deliver a 5 star service and more! Recently asked Ed if he had a 7x57 I could buy, went up there, he gave me a clover leaf shooting beautiful Parker hale for free instead of sending it to Holts. True gent to say the very least. Obviously I gave him ammunition and scope business on the back of it, to which he extended me excellent rates...so don’t inundate him with requests for free rifles ;)

I know they can be slow on communication, but it’s simply due to the amount of requests they get versus the resources they have.

I would hands down give them UK Gunshop of the year award without hesitation. If you really need something, call Ed, his mobile number is public, and he will sort it at his earliest opportunity.

Last edited:
I have spoken to him and told him the e mail came through muddled so he said he would run off copies and post them to me. I gave him my address again and have sat back since.
Surely it would be as easy to phone the man and remind him that you need the data ,

Surely it would be as easy to phone the man and remind him that you need the data ,
Have done more than once but felt as if I was pestering him, even tho he said he would send me hard copies of the print outs after giving him my address.

It's probably because he is so busy he hasn't sent me the data for my 30-06 using 130grn 150grn and 180grn non lead bullets I bought from him some months ago.

I find it a bit harsh to be berating a for profit business for not sending free load advice and for this to be sent as a paper copy in this day and age?

even if Ed promised this is, it is above and beyond.

I find it a bit harsh to be berating a for profit business for not sending free load advice and for this to be sent as a paper copy in this day and age?

even if Ed promised this is, it is above and beyond.
It was discussed when/before I made my purchase of three boxes of his lead free and was offered by him in the first instance.
Unfortunately the e mail he sent came through garbled so I asked him to send again or did he have any reason why the e mail was garbled.
It was him that suggested if I send him my address which I did, not over the phone as he was busy, address sent by E Mail followed up by my call to confirm receipt.
Obviously he is busy and although some time has passed I feel sure he will get round to it eventually.
I am not chasing him now as my original plan has now been put on the back burner.

It was discussed when/before I made my purchase of three boxes of his lead free and was offered by him in the first instance.
Unfortunately the e mail he sent came through garbled so I asked him to send again or did he have any reason why the e mail was garbled.
It was him that suggested if I send him my address which I did, not over the phone as he was busy, address sent by E Mail followed up by my call to confirm receipt.
Obviously he is busy and although some time has passed I feel sure he will get round to it eventually.
I am not chasing him now as my original plan has now been put on the back burner.

post your load question on sd. Some furlough-ed keyboard-only stalker with plenty of time on their hands will help you out in no time!!

Ed
Apologies
I did send the paper copy but it was a "fire and forget" royal mail affair
Didn't realise you didn't get it

I dont have QL on this PC but will endeavour to post it up here
Printing QL sheets kills the printer as its almost solid colour!

I live a good couple of hundred miles away from @Edinburgh Rifles but while I was in Scotland on grouse last year I went out of my way to go see them. Rung in advance about a scope for my .22lr. When I got there with my lad (who's 10) Ed got all the scopes laid out for me to look at. Ended up buying a Hawke Vantage 9-30×50 which he gave me the mounts for, plus a Stoney Creek Tundra jacket while I was there 🤣. Ed gave my lad a 50cal case which now lives on his bedside table & he thinks it the best thing ever. Wasn't much but it made his day & has made certain I'll be a returning customer when I need something

Back