RCBS Chargemaster

tolley

RCBS Chargemaster or similar wanted

anyone use one of the RCBS Chargemaster or can anyone recommend others

Last edited:

phaedra

Only problem with the Chargemaster is if it goes wrong out of warranty, RCBS offer no support for it, no spares at all, it's a bought in disposable item for them.

I use a Hornady LnL dispenser, picked it up cheap in the US a few years ago, accurate to -0 +.1gr even with extruded stick powders.

The Lyman Gen6 is pretty good but the display and keypad are a bit small and it takes a fair bit to clean out fully when using different powders through it.

tolley

Only problem with the Chargemaster is if it goes wrong out of warranty, RCBS offer no support for it, no spares at all, it's a bought in disposable item for them.

I use a Hornady LnL dispenser, picked it up cheap in the US a few years ago, accurate to -0 +.1gr even with extruded stick powders.

The Lyman Gen6 is pretty good but the display and keypad are a bit small and it takes a fair bit to clean out fully when using different powders through it.
not good for the RCBS then , just had a look at a Hornady seems ok and cheaper.
seen any good deals on these anyone .

sauer

I have the Lyman
Measures as accurate as my pals RCBS & a damn site cheaper .
Can't say had a bother with small keypad ... You enter your load you throw a few n check them once ok crack on , dont touch keypad, remove post pan & poured load place in brass & when you replace powder pan automatically pours next one

Didnt find it took long to clean out residual powders either when finished

Speak to spud1967
He was doing good deals & a fair few £££ cheaper then rcbs

Bert/Ernie

I have had a hornady powder measure for over a year and very pleased with it as couldn't justify the price of buying an RCBS one. I bought mine from optics warehouse.