Rifle stand / holder for vehicle?

Guesty

What do you guys use to hold your rifle for quick access when driving around your shoots?
I was thinking that some sort of clamp on the passenger side mounted on the dash that would hold a rifle vertically with the butt in the foot well would be useful.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

The Singing Stalker

I have spent ages looking for something that would do the trick and as yet haven't found anything. I settled for reclining the passenger seat fully and leaving the rifle on there. Works well when your on your own.

Ray7756

I have a range rover P38 and rest the rifle on the wing mirror with the butt tucked in the door, works great unless its pouring down
Ray

D_H_P

I dont have any photos, but some ex-military Landrovers have a pair of spring clamps on the bulkhead behind the seats. OK for a Landrover, but would require serious efforts to fit on a normal vehicle.

JC43

I use a homemade rack for transporting,holds up to four guns, if shooting from the truck off the wing mirror I sling it off the outside of the door when opening gates etcP1010017.JPGP1010019.JPG

joe soapy

I'm as guilty as everybody with my aversion to drilling holes in the door.
But it would make things so much easier to bolt a couple shelf brackets on the side.
Shooting transport is just a pause in the journey to the scrap man, so it aint going to harm the final value

Guesty

I ended up ordering the Quick Fist (is it just me or does that sound dirty?).
It'll mean drilling a few holes in the truck, but it is a venerable clunker and doubt that will hugely affect its value.

Ranger22

I made one for my Suzuki year ago, very simple to do. Made an arm out of aluminium, one end riveted to the roof support, other end had a ring formed out of ali riveted to it. Ring was padded with foam. The butt sat on/in a piece of thick foam on top of the gearbox tunnel. Now with mods being the norm I would use a C shape rather than a ring and use a rubber strap across the open part of the C to keep the rifle in place

Eric the Red

Mine hang in a canvas sling on the rear of the front seats. You could just loop your sling over the passenger side headrest - works even better with a QR buckle on the sling.