Rotten start to the New Year

steve54

Just having a bit of a rant , after a sh**t start to the New Year.
I'll keep it brief. - Monday had to take my 6 year old male Weimaraner to vets due to severe gastric problem (loss of appetite, vomiting , diarrhoea)
Jab . tablets and oral meds. - Bill, just under £100
Today, had to return to vets, as no improvement, - Very thorough examination, Blood tests, different tabs, and special dietary food. - Bill, - £315.00
Hoping his insurance will cover at least some of the bill.:(
Big dent in my finances, - Just as I was going through the process of acquiring another rifle. :cry:
Ever hopeful, - Have bought a lottery ticket today. :rofl:

imnotrucknut

Yeah couple of years ago my vet rinsed me of £200 for basically three treatments of advocate.sorry I dont trust vets with dealings I have had.licence to print money.whos up for a row

Sonicdmb73

Yeah couple of years ago my vet rinsed me of £200 for basically three treatments of advocate.sorry I dont trust vets with dealings I have had.licence to print money.whos up for a row
Depends on your vet I suppose. Mine told me where I could by the stuff I needed for far less money. But tales from my sister about her cats, along with a quote for dental work for one of my dogs makes my eyes water.

steve54

Yep, money loss is always a sore point, however playing the glad game , you have a dog that loves you.
Yep. best dog I have ever owned. Loyal family pet . Excellent guard dog. Also a great hunter, - instinctively will flush , put up, and retrieve shot pheasants, as well as shot rabbits.

kes

Vets, IMHO saw the gravy train with pet insurance and now wish but cant get off at the next station.
I paid a lot to have my dog put to sleep a few years ago now and to say the charge added insult to injury would be an understatement.
I now consequently have very little time for vets but thankfully have no dogs.

steve54

Vets, IMHO saw the gravy train with pet insurance and now wish but cant get off at the next station.
I paid a lot to have my dog put to sleep a few years ago now and to say the charge added insult to injury would be an understatement.
I now consequently have very little time for vets but thankfully have no dogs.
I agree, having worked for over 38 years in the NHS (Operating Theatres, Trauma/Orthopaedics) I know how much items cost the NHS.
There does appear to be a huge mark- up when using Veterinary services.
However, after having a Springer that severely fractured his front leg whilst running on mud flats many years ago (un- insured). The resulting months of surgery, and huge vets bills made us vow never again to have a dog the was not insured.
Hoping the current insurance is worth the monthly outlay.