Springer prices

Bud Green

Hi All,I had my springer bitch covered a week ago in order to obtain a pup from her as she's a great all rounder, what would be a reasonable price to ask for pups should all go well,they'll be docked and kc registered, Im not out to rob people but due to recent prices Im unsure of an asking price?
Regards
William

Hi All,I had my springer bitch covered a week ago in order to obtain a pup from her as she's a great all rounder, what would be a reasonable price to ask for pups should all go well,they'll be docked and kc registered, Im not out to rob people but due to recent prices Im unsure of an asking price?
Regards
William
what are local prices as that will be your best guide but at a guess 800/1k

The backside has well and truly been kicked out of pup prices matey an a quick look on the usual dog selling sites will be your best bet to get an idea.
Bare in mind that lots of people are getting stuck with pups till they're 3 or more months old now.
Good luck and hope all goes well for you and the bitch 👍🏻
Cheers Jimmy

Thanks guys,I have a list as long as my arm of folk wanting a pup from her, this will be her first and last litter

Thanks guys,I have a list as long as my arm of folk wanting a pup from her, this will be her first and last litter

Get them to pay a decent deposit or the price up front as that list would usually become a lot shorter when it comes to biting the bullet.
The market is absolutely flooded at the moment, seeing very well bred pups for less than £1k each now.

Some people are still trying to get more than a grand but are being stuck with pups well beyond when they should have gone.
I would take on board the fact they before Covid they were £600 a pup there about, if you can get £800+ for them its £200 more than it ever used to be and people won't feel ripped off either.

People can ask for whatever they want, it's getting someone else to give it to you is the issue :D

I ran against it last year out training on a mock trial :) or might have been the year before with all the Covid nonsence we had?!

Lovely couple them two :)

I ran against it last year out training on a mock trial :) or might have been the year before with all the Covid nonsence we had?!

Lovely couple them two :)
Did you run against Simon's Black and White dog or Naiomi's Liver and White dog?
Chris Thurston - Woolnough bred Naiomi's, a real dog.

The pendulum is still swinging. Those below £1k are often those advertised late and the pups are becoming a handful. Those over £1500 are certainly moving more slowly. I think £1k to £1500 is possible but £900 - £1300 might be more realistic. Advertise early and be very selective.

Somebody recently used our stud teckel/dachshund at a modest cost and has the pups up at £1500 more per pup than our last litter 10 months ago . He was very open about it and we are okay with that, the pup quality is good and he has said he will carefully select the homes. Pup prices are like religion and politics - but as long as good quality pups go to good quality homes........each to his own

Back