Sold: Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50

Jamie020

I'm selling two scopes, both purchased last year, in great condition and have had minimal use. The Hawke scope was purchased specifically for a driven hunting trip in November and that’s all the use it’s seen (with a couple of range visits prior).

Hawke Vantage 30 WA FD 1-4x24 IR Riflescope L4A Fibre Dot (SKU 14500) - £270 incl. postage

Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 SFP IR Riflescope EBR -4 MOA (SKU PST-5251) - £750 incl. postage

Both scopes come with the original boxes and any included accessories.

Blaser mounts shown in photo are not included in sale.

Message for more details.

Attachments

• IMG_4911.jpg
    IMG_4911.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_4910.jpg
    IMG_4910.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4909.jpg
    IMG_4909.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_4908 (1).jpg
    IMG_4908 (1).jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4907.jpg
    IMG_4907.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Price reduction:

Hawke Vantage 30 WA FD 1-4x24 IR Riflescope L4A Fibre Dot (SKU 14500) - £250 incl. postage

Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 SFP IR Riflescope EBR -4 MOA (SKU PST-5251) - £700 incl. postage

Last edited:
Price reduction:

Hawke Vantage 30 WA FD 1-4x24 IR Riflescope L4A Fibre Dot (SKU 14500) - £250 incl. postage

Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 SFP IR Riflescope EBR -4 MOA (SKU PST-5251) - £700 incl. postage
Is the vortex an illuminated reticle?

I can’t believe you’ve got no takers, it’s a brilliant scope. I’ve got one and it make my Z6i look inferior.
I don't know about the Z6i, because I haven't had a chance to compare them side by side, but during my extensive testing of a number of scopes, using high resolution lens calibration charts, the PST came out right at the top of the pack - beating a Swaro X5i easily and even a PMII.

I suspect the Z6i will beat the X5i, but I can't see it closing the distance on the PST II. The PST II is one of the single most impressive scopes I've ever looked through. It's specs on paper don't do it justice, but when you look through it... WOW... just WOW!!

That's assuming you set up the PST II correctly of course - there's a knack to it!

Then there’s something wrong with your Z6i
According to Swarovski there isn’t. Below is what Swarovski said when I questioned the inability to adjust the scope out to 400yds, all my rifles are Sako, and all my scopes and mounts are interchangeable with all rifles. This scope is on a 85 stainless/synthetic but the mounts had to be modified to shoot 500 yds. The same rifle has shot out to 860 yds with a Bushnell LR hunting scope with no modifications to the mounts. Who’s heard of a scope with 180 clicks down adjustment, my scopes are all down stopped at 100yd zero and adjustment is only up, the Vortex has enough adjustment without tapered mounts to shoot out to 1360yds (138clicks of adjustment), and the glass is that clear you can pick out the mortar in brickwork 2 miles away. Tell me your glass on your Z6i is that good?

Hello Mr ______,
there are more clicks available, but we guarantee the 180 clicks, you should never go to the limits. This is right, that the line of sight is not exactly parallel.

To reach further distances your gunsmith has to raise the mount on the back side.
All is good with your Z6i.

BR Sabine
IMG_3651.jpeg

According to Swarovski there isn’t. Below is what Swarovski said when I questioned the inability to adjust the scope out to 400yds, all my rifles are Sako, and all my scopes and mounts are interchangeable with all rifles. This scope is on a 85 stainless/synthetic but the mounts had to be modified to shoot 500 yds. The same rifle has shot out to 860 yds with a Bushnell LR hunting scope with no modifications to the mounts. Who’s heard of a scope with 180 clicks down adjustment, my scopes are all down stopped at 100yd zero and adjustment is only up, the Vortex has enough adjustment without tapered mounts to shoot out to 1360yds (138clicks of adjustment), and the glass is that clear you can pick out the mortar in brickwork 2 miles away. Tell me your glass on your Z6i is that good?

Hello Mr ______,
there are more clicks available, but we guarantee the 180 clicks, you should never go to the limits. This is right, that the line of sight is not exactly parallel.

To reach further distances your gunsmith has to raise the mount on the back side.
All is good with your Z6i.

BR Sabine
View attachment 360865
Maybe a good idea if you start a new thread on this subject as this discussion is not relevant.
DG

Back