Zeiss Conquest V4 Scopes.

Yorkie

Hi.
The Zeiss Conquest V4 Rifle scopes.

Are the V4 series 'proper' Zeiss scopes? Proper Glass and made in Germany. Or are they made in far east with a Zeiss badge on them?

Are they worthy of the Zeiss name?

Many thanks.

Are

kripton

Did not like mine - when looking into a dark background (my wood) from a clearing (where there was more light) there was a lot of red abberation around the image. Complained to Zeiss and sent back the scope but they returned it saying there was nothing wrong. Then took it to the game fair and the staff on the Zeiss stand agreed with me - eventually Zeiss swapped it for a demo Conquest v 6 with ASV turret which is superb

DuncanR

Hi.
The Zeiss Conquest V4 Rifle scopes.

Are the V4 series 'proper' Zeiss scopes? Proper Glass and made in Germany. Or are they made in far east with a Zeiss badge on them?

Are they worthy of the Zeiss name?

Many thanks.

Are
The Conquest V4 is manufactured in Japan.

I have one and am very happy with it. Considering purchasing a second.

Duncan

palo

I had one for a while. They have a good field of view and a bright image but the image is not as sharp as the German made zeiss scopes. I sold it on and bought a zeiss V6 .
The glass in the V6 is a lot better .

Redders

I've got a v4 6x24 with asv ballistic turret they're not bad value for money I managed to knock a magpie off his perch at 350 yards last week dialling in with the asv turret so they cant be bad

Yorkie

Hi Lads
Thanks for the replies.
Made in Japan is no bad thing.
Anyone know if they are made by the same factory as Delta?

phillips321

I had one (4-16x50 Illuminated ASV) but didnt like it, so sold it to my shooting buddy for what i paid (£600) and he now has one on each of his barrels. He loves them. They're nice scopes but i preferred the 'bomb proof' design of my old S&B scopes. However none of his have broken and he treats them terribly!

One thing to note, the 4-16x50 V4 were selling for £600, the 6-24x50 V4 were selling for about £650 i think. They realised they've under priced them so now have bumped up the price considerably.