22-250 moderator

Malxwal

Acquiring a 22-250 (standard hunter profile barrel, 21.5" 14x1) and require to purchase a moderator to quieten the barky thing that is 22-250.
Experiences of any of the current generation of moderators on this caliber appreciated folks.

mealiejimmy

DPT , overbarrel version
I run a standard version on my T3 20" barrel 22-250
I also have the magnum version and it is quieter, but the extra length is a pain when shooting from a vehicle.
If you need more moderation, buy more baffles for it

Cheers

Bruce

mathieson

can recomend wildcat evolution easy strip for cleaning different thread adapters and calibre specific baffles available should you ever want to swap it over to another rifle

cjs66

I can also recommend the DPT, mine has a couple of extra baffles on but, it's a 308 cal, for my 308... I've another 308 cal mod that I mostly use on it and it's an Atec maxim. These are what I use on my 22-250. Haven't got a 224 specific mod for the 22-250, never thought I needed one. Like has been said, the DPT can be a bit on the long side if you add baffles but, they are a smidge quieter. I know Atec have had a knocking but mine is five years old and had a few hot rounds through it and it's as good as the day I bought it. These are used for stalking and a bit load development, I'm not a target fan. Bit of bike inner tube stretched over them takes the ping out of them and quietens them up if you bash them about a bit, like I seem to do...

cjs

Last edited: