.308 for Fallow & Roe

Hello everyone

I’m just wanted to know what .308 ammunition you are using for Fallow & Roe and if possible your experiences too whilst out stalking using your chosen ammunition type? Thanks

deerstalker.308

RWS HIT 165gr lead free .308 for everything from muntjac to the biggest reds. What generally happens is they make a hole in the deer and the deer dies. Meat damage isn’t bad at all but that (as with most bullets) would be caveated by angles/deflection off bone etc.
also used federal powershok 150gr for years with the same outcome.

Magnificent 7

RWS HIT 165gr lead free .308 for everything from muntjac to the biggest reds. What generally happens is they make a hole in the deer and the deer dies. Meat damage isn’t bad at all but that (as with most bullets) would be caveated by angles/deflection off bone etc.
also used federal powershok 150gr for years with the same outcome.
Also used these and agree with the above.

Magnificent 7

A little bit of advice from what I've found if you are just starting out and its for your own consumption go lead ,lead free isn't as forgiving shot placement is paramount from what I have witnessed of late.

Friendly Boar

Was using 150piwer shocks, changed to 150extreme points , both dropped them quickly which is important on some of my small grounds, not sure what I’ll use for lead free ?

EssexBigMac

Never shot a fallow but with a Red and Muntjac another vote for Federal powershok 150g, both times rarely move from the spot and not too much damage.

antsa

I use 125 grain Sierra pro hunter in mine for everything from muntjac to red.I use to use 150 grain SST but found they could be pretty damaging on the lighter stuff.My go to calibre in the box tbh I love the 308 it's just a proper no nonsense calibre and covers so many options.
I use the 150gr Prohunter but will give these a try. What powder do you use?

Cheers