BDS North West England Range Day, Sunday 6th June, Grayrigg, Cumbria

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

nickjackson

Non-lead Ammunition Testing Available. The first range day of the year will have the normal range with an added opportunity to try non-lead ammunition in your rifles. The announcement that the AGHE from 2022 are changing to non-lead shot carcasses will have a massive impact on anyone selling carcass to AGHE so we are giving you the chance to see how non-lead performs in your rifle. Alastair Boston, Deer Officer from the Forestry Commission will be attending to talk to anyone about the FC’s long experience with non-lead ammo and deer.

Because of Covid restrictions you MUST book a slot in advance. If you want to try non-toxic please state what calibre would you like (cartridges available at market price.) Please note that non-toxic works best in clean barrel (and we mean clean, not just a wipe down with a damp chamois!)

Time – From 10.00, last arrival 14.00

Location – Grayrigg, Cumbria LA8 9BU. Take A685 north from Kendal, south from Tebay junction of the M6, left at the Grayrigg church if coming from the south, right if from the north. Follow the narrow tarmac road until you see us.

You can come even if not a BDS member, as long as you are BASC, NGO or other affiliate member and you don't mind being asked to join the BDS! Requirements: FAC, Deer Legal Rifle / ammunition, ear defenders, sticks, membership of above listed organisations.

Contact: for booking Andy Massingham on andymass36@hotmail.com There will be BACS for pre-payment. £10 plus any non-lead ammo if required.

Other range and event dates available here, page will be updated when confirmed North West England - The British Deer Society

Last edited:

NickJ

By the way, I have managed to get back to my old profile....NickJ with a photo of an ancient Bowland roebuck and nickjackson with the Jura red stag are the same person!

I got a new PC and they managed to wipe everything and it threw me out, they have restored everything now... just in case anyone thought I was doing a really bad job of a profile swap and 'phoenix' having shot a deer out of season/stolen someone's stalking etc!:lol:

JH83

By the way, I have managed to get back to my old profile....NickJ with a photo of an ancient Bowland roebuck and nickjackson with the Jura red stag are the same person!

I got a new PC and they managed to wipe everything and it threw me out, they have restored everything now... just in case anyone thought I was doing a really bad job of a profile swap and 'phoenix' having shot a deer out of season/stolen someone's stalking etc!:lol:
I did wonder, I thought one might be a trolling account 😂

Buchan

We think so , but are checking....
The situation for BDS days is as follows:

On member days, members with FAC can shoot. BASC members are also welcome as BASC has a gun club that has Home Office approval. NGO members can't, as they don't have the same HO approved gun club. I don't know about SGA.
However,
We are running this as a guest day, which means members of other organisaitons can shoot, as long as we notify the police 7d in advance with names. As we are taking bookings for this day it made sense to run it as a guest day.

So, @caberslash you'd be most welcome - get booked in!

Bowland blades

Non-lead Ammunition Testing Available. The first range day of the year will have the normal range with an added opportunity to try non-lead ammunition in your rifles. The announcement that the AGHE from 2022 are changing to non-lead shot carcasses will have a massive impact on anyone selling carcass to AGHE so we are giving you the chance to see how non-lead performs in your rifle. Alastair Boston, Deer Officer from the Forestry Commission will be attending to talk to anyone about the FC’s long experience with non-lead ammo and deer.

Because of Covid restrictions you MUST book a slot in advance. If you want to try non-toxic please state what calibre would you like (cartridges available at market price.) Please note that non-toxic works best in clean barrel (and we mean clean, not just a wipe down with a damp chamois!)

Time – From 10.00, last arrival 14.00

Location – Grayrigg, Cumbria LA8 9BU. Take A685 north from Kendal, south from Tebay junction of the M6, left at the Grayrigg church if coming from the south, right if from the north. Follow the narrow tarmac road until you see us.

You can come even if not a BDS member, as long as you are BASC, NGO or other affiliate member and you don't mind being asked to join the BDS! Requirements: FAC, Deer Legal Rifle / ammunition, ear defenders, sticks, membership of above listed organisations.

Contact: for booking Andy Massingham on andymass36@hotmail.com There will be BACS for pre-payment. £10 plus any non-lead ammo if required.

Other range and event dates available here, page will be updated when confirmed North West England - The British Deer Society

CDSG Shooting Sports