Beddlington terrier

I used to have one for tracking rabbits :lol: :lol: .

Joking apart, it was the spitting image of that one of greengrasses on heartbeat and i was even asked once if i would be prepared to let them use it on the show. ;) never happened :cry: , but no, i have never heard of them being used for tracking deer. But why not, i suppose if they are trained for it, then one could be as good as anything else.

wadas

By the way Martin welcome to the site! :D Its the best by far and we have a good crowd. The sites moto is 'No question is a stupid question'! ask away mate. However do not mention a certain aquatic mammal that builds dams! :eek:

Beowulf said:
By the way Martin welcome to the site! :D Its the best by far and we have a good crowd. The sites moto is 'No question is a stupid question'! ask away mate. However do not mention a certain aquatic mammal that builds dams! :eek:
Thanks.

martin palmer said:
Hi all. Anyone use a Beddlington terrier to track wounded deer?

A few years ago I used my Beddy x to track deer and she did ok.

I now have the wifes GWP much more suited to the task, but I am sure the Beddlington is very capable of doing the job. :D

martin palmer said:
Hi all. Anyone use a Beddlington terrier to track wounded deer?

A stalker above peebles uses nothing else, this is mainly on sika,when we where stalking there last winter my mate had a hind "run on" as they often do, this not so small terrier made short work of finding the hind.
Nell

I have a friend who has used his Terrier for wounded Munties and Fallow. Although the bitch is getting past it now, it was ruthless in tracking and holding wounded Munties.

Some Terriers take to blood spooring wounded deer quite well, although a Terrier would not be my personal first choice for a deer dog.

Back