Bergara B14 + Riflecraft Long Top Rail for Remi 700

TASR12

A long shot but does anyone know if a long top rail by MDT for a Remi 700 (MDT Long Top Rail for R700 - SA - BLK ) will mount correctly on a Bergara B14. I know the B14 is based on a Remi but having rung Riflecraft they weren't sure. I'm looking at turning the .243 Bergara in to a night foxing setup and this long rail would allow me to fix some NV infront of the scope.

Any info would be appreciated before I commit to the £138 MDT Rail!

Regards,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

I also have a B14 I was told that any two piece Remi 700 mounts would fit not sure if a on piece mount would work Mike Norris is probably your best way two go (Brock & Norris)

hope this helps

ATB

Paul D

The Remington 700 long action is actually long enough to handle magnum cartridges, so although the front and rear contours may match a Remington 700 for individual bases, on a rail, the Begara may have shorter hole spacing. So you need to put some screws in the holes and measure the spans to the threads and caps on the Begara, then get with a gunsmith or Rem 700 owner to compare.

You can purchase blank rails for the Rem 700 LA and get a machinist to mill out some holes for to match the second set.

Cheer Paul.
Hi Tom,

I also have a B14 I was told that any two piece Remi 700 mounts would fit not sure if a on piece mount would work Mike Norris is probably your best way two go (Brock & Norris)

hope this helps

ATB

Paul D

Interesting - I'll start looking down that line as well.

The Remington 700 long action is actually long enough to handle magnum cartridges, so although the front and rear contours may match a Remington 700 for individual bases, on a rail, the Begara may have shorter hole spacing. So you need to put some screws in the holes and measure the spans to the threads and caps on the Begara, then get with a gunsmith or Rem 700 owner to compare.

You can purchase blank rails for the Rem 700 LA and get a machinist to mill out some holes for to match the second set.

Resurrecting this thread to see if there's any outcome, mostly as I'm interested in a Bergara long action.

Not sure if this helps but spacing of holes on the Bergara definitely suits one piece Rem 700 bases as I have just taken delivery of my B14 and fitted a one piece Leupold base to it which I guess means hole spacing is exactly the same

Defender - thanks for that, I was hoping someone would have something conclusive like that. MDT it may well have to be....

Not sure if this helps but spacing of holes on the Bergara definitely suits one piece Rem 700 bases as I have just taken delivery of my B14 and fitted a one piece Leupold base to it which I guess means hole spacing is exactly the same

Echoing TASR12 sentiments, many thanks. Which caliber did you buy ?

Echoing TASR12 sentiments, many thanks. Which caliber did you buy ?

300 Win Mag, just need to find a few spare pennies now for the dpt mod to go on it.

Then it's time for load development and to see just how punishing that calibre in a such a light rifle really is

Well I've only fired a friends 300 winmag, a Riflecraft Rem 700 in a Mcmillan stock, and it did not fit me at all. Tried it with a mod, a Hardy I'm sure, and with a brake, and the brake was better.
Like the feel of the B14 Hunter, but would possibly opt for the sporter in the bigger calibres. I need a significant comb raiser or adjustable stock anyway, so could end up in a GRS like my other rifles.

300 Win Mag, just need to find a few spare pennies now for the dpt mod to go on it.

Then it's time for load development and to see just how punishing that calibre in a such a light rifle really is

Recoil is not a problem i have one in 300 it's really nice to shoot

Back