BEST BITS?

T

TMT

As a novice stalker with limited experience of other stalkers I would be interested to hear what in particular about the sport gives you the biggest buzz.

magic moments

For me it's when i am stalking hard through the woods and i first see a deer. my heart still nearly leaves my chest! then i have to steady myself and get in position for the shot.

Evening TMT

Being out in the beautiful British countryside and getting as close to the
Deer as possible without them knowing.

I remember one October morning many years ago when I took a mate out
to take a cull Fallow Pricket, we stalked right in on a Master Buck on his rutting stand, the old boy was worn out and was bedded down with his
Ladies, 15 + Does , and the fawns which where playing around in the early morning sun.

We watched them all for about 15 minutes and then stalked away with the Deer none the wiser.

We never shot anything that morning but what a great experience :!:

Magic

Fallow Stalker :D

Fallow Stalker said:
Evening TMT

Being out in the beautiful British countryside and getting as close to the
Deer as possible without them knowing.

I remember one October morning many years ago when I took a mate out
to take a cull Fallow Pricket, we stalked right in on a Master Buck on his rutting stand, the old boy was worn out and was bedded down with his
Ladies, 15 + Does , and the fawns which where playing around in the early morning sun.

We watched them all for about 15 minutes and then stalked away with the Deer none the wiser.

We never shot anything that morning but what a great experience :!:

Magic

Fallow Stalker :D

I would find it difficult to top your description having experienced something very similar only I was trying to shoot the old buck and for 20 minutes he was never without a doe in front of him or behind him or skylined. I didn't get a shot and in a way I was pleased - I left him to it.

The other occasion would be in a bluebell wood on a nice May morning looking for a roe buck.

i hav two buzzes in my list

(1) waiting in anticipation for the light to start to break through ,so i can start stalking

(2)to see the excited look on the face of a mate when he sees a deer he is allowed to shoot and then to watch the grin grow as we reach the grassed beast, sticks in my mind for ever

stone

Back