Best face mask?

Utectok

Ok I’ve never used a face mask and shot plenty of deer. Is it worth having one and if it is what’s a good model?

Tim.243

Ask yourself the question...do I want to be a deerstalker or just look like an ar@ehole..
Do you want to be a stock finisher or pretend to be one... :rofl:

In answer to the op's question, a snood @ abt 5quid works well. I have 2 so can always find one!
I use them for wild fowling pigeons foxing also stalking.

People wear camo clothes but the thing that is looking at the deer is the bit that will be deciding their fate...

8x57

Distinguished Member
Pointless comment. Red deer are pretty good at seeing you, hiding your facial skin to a reasonable extent helps.
Makes quite a difference with the fallow too.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Merino Wool Buff:
K

Mungo

I already have quite a big beard lol
Then no need for a face mask.

I have a medium sized beard, and with my beanie pulled down, there’s very little exposed flesh.

I do often wear a merino snood, and can very strongly recommend them just for keeping neck and face warm in wind, but I don’t think it makes any difference to detect ability.

Utectok

Then no need for a face mask.

I have a medium sized beard, and with my beanie pulled down, there’s very little exposed flesh.

I do often wear a merino snood, and can very strongly recommend them just for keeping neck and face warm in wind, but I don’t think it makes any difference to detect ability.
Oh ok well I seem to have a lockdown pretty impressive beard so I’ll be good! I’ve just ordered the merino snood for cold days thanks for all the tips