boar

270TOMMY

Im sure i saw a young boar laying dead by the side of the berwick upon tweed by pass yesterday,anyone know if there are boar around that area as i have never seen any before

Interesting! I note the sighting in Drimmie Woods, just up the road from me!!!! :D

*wanders off in search of some 150gr SP*

Im sure i saw a young boar laying dead by the side of the berwick upon tweed by pass yesterday,anyone know if there are boar around that area as i have never seen any before

Where about? I have not heard of any in the area but if you can give me a location i'll go and make an ID. Im in the area a lot. pm if you don't want to post it.

Am I right in thinking that they do move considerable distances in search of food? I know a lot of farmers round here, no ones mentioned seeing any but that doesn't mean there aren't any. There was a guy just up the road from me who used to keep them. I keep meaning togo down there for a look to see if there are any signs of escapees having gone native.

Am I right in thinking that they do move considerable distances in search of food? I know a lot of farmers round here, no ones mentioned seeing any but that doesn't mean there aren't any. There was a guy just up the road from me who used to keep them. I keep meaning togo down there for a look to see if there are any signs of escapees having gone native.

Seems a like a plausible explanation as, let’s be honest, they haven’t come down from Inverness or from D&G.

feral hogs,,,one step closer to our Yankee brethren, all we need to do now is hunt them in shorts with cheap 500NE double rifles to practice for that Africa trip that never happens, but discuss it on africahunting forum day in and day out for years, ....is that mean?

Last edited:
Tom D as you go northbound between the first and second roundabout it was laying by the side of the southbound carrageway near the bottom of the hill approx 50 yards before the second roundabout hope this helps.I pass this way 8 times a week and never seen what i thought was a boar i see lots of deer every day in the light mornings on my way north and in the dark mornings quite a few owls as its about 4am on the way up

It’s gone! I took a wee detour on the way to the supermarket. You can see the area of flattened grass where something has been lying but no boar. It has been taken away by car I think as there’s no sign of it having been dragged further off the road.

Thats a shame i drive a artic so i couldnt park it easily or i would have stopped,wonder why its gone as nobody seems to take the dead badgers away dam i wish i had stopped now!! thanks for your concern tom

I sense a conspiracy thread perhaps there is a secret wing of government taking them away as they some kind of mutants ?

Or maybe it’s just in someone’s freezer...lol

If someone saw it on the way home from work and it wasn’t there in the way in then they would know it was fresh.. either that or whoever released them in the area doesn’t want their secret getting out...

aye could have been in my freezer if only i had stopped its a 13.5 mtr gray and adams set at+3 it would have got it home perfect lol:)

Back at the start of the summer i was on the way home from the shooting range A lorry had hit a boar and the driver was stood in the road looking at it. I pulled over and asked the driver if it needed a finishing shot? He said the boar was squealing quite loud so he reversed over it. That was boar one not worth skinning.

Back at the start of the summer i was on the way home from the shooting range A lorry had hit a boar and the driver was stood in the road looking at it. I pulled over and asked the driver if it needed a finishing shot? He said the boar was squealing quite loud so he reversed over it. That was boar one not worth skinning.

That's one boar that's had a 'Goodyear'....:coat:

Back