Bore Guide

That makes more sense and is why I use a bore guide...with the R8 I do not have the worry of action or trigger mechanism solvent contamination because I clean the barrel when it is removed from the stock.

Alan

I clean my Blaser barrels with them in situ using my left hand on the front point of the comb as a guide and keeping it straight. I usually fail miserably to prevent the rod snatching sideways when I try and clean the barrel’s out of the action :(

Fizz

I clean my Blaser barrels with them in situ using my left hand on the front point of the comb as a guide and keeping it straight. I usually fail miserably to prevent the rod snatching sideways when I try and clean the barrel’s out of the action :(

Fizz

I have a Shooting Shed aluminium bore guide which has a pair of O rings to keep it in place and in line with the end of the removed barrel. Apart from working well, it is a beautiful bit of machining! Highly recommended to the OP as well as you!

Alan

F10727CC-9CB2-4975-8BCA-D62EBA43205C.jpeg

... Well now I know, I was really curious as to whether a bore guide had any real world usefulness

Enviado do meu PRA-LX1 através do Tapatalk

I get mine from Shooting Shed customer made for your rifle action and calibre. Not cheap but hard wearing and a super fit.

I have two Possum one in 6.5 and one .223 they seem very good but get the extra bit to allow you to add cleaner

If the OP is shooting a T3 there was a guy on the bay making specific fit bore guides. I bought one, and it was really good quality with little hard rubber spacer rings that made it a hand tight fit in the breech. I can’t recall his details, but might be worth a look. He may even be doing different models.

Back