Bought 2nd hand kit and came with Hodgdon and Alliant powders, use/sell or bin??

rickydiver

Spend the money well. Pretty soon you'll have enough posts to advertise it in the classifieds...along with that thin-walled shotgun, and the rifle with the dodgy trigger...
Oh trust me I spend my money well, don't you loose sleep over that. And with the bumps you are giving this thread I doubt I will need to post in classified, already had people interested in it so thanks for your help CarlW. I hope your conscience is clear knowing you have helped move on this obviously dodgy gear.

Jeffo

If it was me I would get rid not worth the risk, and I would deffo not sell on something, you are not 100% sure off, as you don't get a second chance, my opinion for what's it worth

rickydiver

Ok back up a little here.

I am clearly responding to you in the same manner that you did to me. So please don't go bleating about my behavior. Your digs throughout, after I clearly stated I would not be using the powder as I am not happy to take any chances (and possibly because I am lucky enough to be starting fresh and have not developed a load and I also have the funds to make the choice to just buy new powder), have also been immature! Your comments of "Do the grown-up thing" "your conscience" "Spend the money well. Pretty soon you'll have enough posts to advertise it in the classifieds...along with that thin-walled shotgun, and the rifle with the dodgy trigger..." have all be inflammatory and immature!! Your suggestions that I would be selling dangerous guns and dodgy trigger rifles shows you up as far as I am concerned. After those comments I clearly enjoyed taking the proverbial.

For the record I have not and will not ever sell someone anything that is in a dangerous condition. I will however happily sell or giveaway something that I feel I would not use myself, but if it was something I knew had the possibility of being other than 100% spot on, would fully inform the purchaser what they are buying so they are aware of what they are getting. Many have told me they would happily use this powder, are they all wrong and you are right? One camp says don't use it unless you are certain it is what is says on the tin, only way you can be 100% certain is if you are the person who breaks the seal on the container. Others have said they will happily use it as it is. I can happily see both sides here. If someone has developed a load they love and are running out of an obsolete powder and are happy to take the powder I have does that mean they are disregarding safety? Surely they can build up to a safe load? They may be taking a greater risk than you or me would consider taking, but it is not for you or me to tell other shooters what to do!

I will apologize for the **** taking which you think is immature, but have a look closer to home first and see where it might have stemmed from! I will not however accept you calling me out on disregarding other shooters safety, pardon the pun but that's bang out of order!

banus

good afternoon,just my thoughts on this. if you dont know the powders history and you sell it on AND some ones rifle blows up ,health and safety will not say it was the owners fault they will want to know where the powder came from! by all means pop your head on the chopping block and make some money but it MAY come back to haunt you. buyer BEWARE!

rickydiver

good afternoon,just my thoughts on this. if you dont know the powders history and you sell it on AND some ones rifle blows up ,health and safety will not say it was the owners fault they will want to know where the powder came from! by all means pop your head on the chopping block and make some money but it MAY come back to haunt you. buyer BEWARE!
Fair points and I get what you are saying. However just to clarify Health &Safety would have no jurisdiction in such an incident.