Changing FOR SALE to SOLD

Miki

When you sell something on SD (FOR SALE) is considered bad form not to mark the item as SOLD when it is.
FOR SALE items have a red marker.
When it's SOLD you can change this to a blue SOLD marker.

For example, here is a RH/LH conversion stock I am selling...

Screenshot001.png

To change this to SOLD .. Click on the three dots on the right .... which is the "More options" button and a menu drops down.

Screenshot002.png

Click on Edit thread
Another box appears ...

Screenshot003.png

Click on the blue "SOLD" button ...

Screenshot004.png

Which changes the title to "Sold"
Click the "Save" button and it's done ...

Screenshot005.png

As the seller you are the only person who can change this - which you can do at any time.

It's very easy and saves others time and frustration reading through a thread and sending PM's to find out the item is sold.
Cheers

However, once changed to sold the thread is locked, so it's quite a good idea to leave it as it is for a day or two after the transaction is completed to give the purchaser time to post thanks and feedback.

However, once changed to sold the thread is locked, so it's quite a good idea to leave it as it is for a day or two after the transaction is completed to give the purchaser time to post thanks and feedback.
Not any more, it’s up to the owner of the thread!

Mark as sold when money recieved. Just copy & paste into another add if it falls through. Then we'll be viewing live salable items, not just in case ones.

When you sell something on SD (FOR SALE) is considered bad form not to mark the item as SOLD when it is.

View attachment 135031

To change this to SOLD .. Click on the three dots on the right .... which is the "More options" button and a menu drops down.

View attachment 135032

Click on Edit thread
Another box appears ...

View attachment 135033

View attachment 135034

View attachment 135035

As the seller you are the only person who can change this - which you can do at any time.

It's very easy and saves others time and frustration reading through a thread and sending PM's to find out the item is sold.
Cheers

Nice job fella!

Many thanks for the advice on this. I really tried to work out how to do this when I sold my first item on here earlier this week so edited my post to say it had been sold in the content. Will do it correctly now, cheers, Martyn.

View attachment 135031

View attachment 135032

Click on Edit thread
Another box appears ...

View attachment 135033

View attachment 135034

View attachment 135035

Cheers
Easily achieved mike. I really dont see the difficulty in doing this but still failures exists.

Last edited:
I find it annoying when the price is removed/edited so that it just says "sold".
Previous sales are the most useful tool for valuing things or assessing whether something you see advertised is at a fair price.

Edd

Another thing that annoys me slightly, is when an item is for sale and after a few BTT's it then states ' Reduced' but not from what and to and if you didn't see the first post you've no idea if it is a genuine reduction or not ;)

It’s possible on the phone too using the browser... you’ll have to use the browser from May 10th anyway...

Back