Do I need a Sausage Stuffer?

What is the texture of the sausage like when you're eating?
I have the same mincer and mince once on the coarse plate, mix, then stuff using a dedicated trespade sausage stuffer.
I then leave the sausage to hang/mature overnight which also helps them swell a little.

Sticking the head of the mincer in the freezer helps, but making sausages using the mincer is difficult and the texture for me never came out right.
Which is why I bought the stuffer.
I also only mix venison with beef for a much better sausage.

I recommend getting a stuffer. It is also brilliant for using without a sausage skin for extruding pork for sausage rolls

I use a piston stuffer which takes 5 litres at a time. You full the cylinder, put the piston into the top and wind the handle and it makes sausages as fast as you can adequately fill the skins. To empty 5l takes 2-3 mins. Will try to get a link but much easier to use than a grinder / stuffer. Cost about £120 irrc.

I use a piston stuffer which takes 5 litres at a time. You full the cylinder, put the piston into the top and wind the handle and it makes sausages as fast as you can adequately fill the skins. To empty 5l takes 2-3 mins. Will try to get a link but much easier to use than a grinder / stuffer. Cost about £120 irrc.

Back